The Student Room Group

Student finance application approved (4 yr GEM) - £6858 maintenance?!

Hi everybody.

I have had my student finance application approved, and payments are scheduled; relief. What has surprised me is how much I have been offered. Of course the £5000+ of tuition fees have been offered and will be paid, but my maintenance loan (note, loan not grant) is £6858... isn't this quite high?

I was expecting around £4000, I didn't realise graduates were offered so much.

Has anyone been offered the same / care to shed any light?

Many thanks
This was posted on the GEM thread recently - http://postimg.org/image/6cotks1r9/
Suggesting a maximum of £5740, but maybe there are some differences due to going to a Welsh uni? But yes, that does seem high. Might be worth giving student finance a ring and asking.
Reply 2
Ah it works then as the course is longer than 32 weeks. Thank you for that link!

Edit: I have since worked out the number of term weeks (around 44) for Swansea, and used the link given above to work out how much should be available, and it is that amount... It's much better than I expected :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BD7391
Ah it works then as the course is longer than 32 weeks. Thank you for that link!

Edit: I have since worked out the number of term weeks (around 44) for Swansea, and used the link given above to work out how much should be available, and it is that amount... It's much better than I expected :smile:

Heya, mines come through as £6585 for Swansea - which student finance did you apply to?
Reply 4
Original post by M150
Heya, mines come through as £6585 for Swansea - which student finance did you apply to?

I just double checked mine and it is definitely 6,858, and I applied through Student Finance England. Did you attend the meet and greet the other day M150? If so, message me your name, maybe we met!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending