The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arichmond64
Do you not use exchanges to place these bets, as the bookies rip you off on a cash out? I noticed you said you've cashed out plenty of times previously.

There is nowhere near enough liquidity in exchanges to do this.

If there were lots of pro gamblers would be doing it.

The introduction of cash outs on long term bets is very very helpful to me and indeed if all bookies bring it in then it will make doing these bets an absolute no brainer.

The problem with my trying to explain why cash outs are a great thing for what I do compared to what most gamblers do is that most gamblers think that what applies to 90 minute markets must also apply equally to long term markets.

Yes of course when I cash out I am always getting bad value.

But there's a lot more to it than that.

In fact I will go as far as to say that learning how to use cash outs in long term markets effectively may well be one of the most important skills anyone can have investmentwise.

And I will be endeavouring to learn as much as I can as I believe that whoever can master this will in effect be the most effective sports bettor there can be!

Oo er.
(edited 8 years ago)
I see what you mean though, as you don't need the thing to actually occur, so there's room for maneuver as opposed to you seeing an actual result.

Tough to know if it's viable long term, but if you're hammering now then fair play to you, why not!
Original post by arichmond64
I see what you mean though, as you don't need the thing to actually occur, so there's room for maneuver as opposed to you seeing an actual result.

Tough to know if it's viable long term, but if you're hammering now then fair play to you, why not!

Yes thats exactly it.

As far as whether it's viable long term is concerned logically it must be so long as it's possible to predict price movements to a reasonable degree - which you definitely can-and one doesn't attempt to make too big a profit .

It will only cease to be viable when a lot of people start believing it works and act on it.

So several years to go yet it would seem.

Im on course to make £1million profit this season but the Cristmas period is vital to my chances.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh yes I guess now might be a good time to answer the question I posed about Patrick Veitch.

The only thing is I wanted to ensure that I didn't misrepresent what he said by rereading the exact quote first but I have so many books that I havnt found his one as yet.

I should say that his reason wasn't stupid in itself as I previously claimed , but rather the fact that he apparently never doubted that he must be right not to bet on football because of this reason was stupid I submit.

Anyway, he said that the reason he decided not to try to make money from betting on football was that .......compared to horse racing football is so much much less.......

no ,not predictable.........

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
So what do you think he overlooked?
Incidentally, an interesting point about what I do is that the underlying principle I exploit is in fact not only very well known by up to 2 million mostly men but many of those men use that very principle every year in an activity related to football...

Spoiler

Reply 106
So you're placing a bet at the start of a long term accumulator and then add on several other qualifier bets with prerty certain outcomes to boost the accumulator returns?
Original post by Reue
So you're placing a bet at the start of a long term accumulator and then add on several other qualifier bets with prerty certain outcomes to boost the accumulator returns?

I'm afraid I didn't fully understand your question but I think the answer is no.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by moggis
I'm afraid I didn't fully understand your question but I think the answer is no.

So without the smoke and mirrors; what's your method? :smile:
Original post by Reue
So without the smoke and mirrors; what's your method? :smile:

I hope you're not accusing me of having previously used 'smoke and mirrors'? :smile:

I place a whole series of accumulators on long term markets throughout the season in such a way that near the end of the season I have a number of very strong positions.

I then use the remainder of my bank to hedge those positions in such a way that either the accumulators make me my profit or the hedge bets do or ,more usually,a combination of both do.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by moggis
I hope you're not accusing me of having previously used 'smoke and mirrors'? :smile:

I place a whole series of accumulators on long term markets throughout the season in such a way that near the end of the season I have a number of very strong positions.

I then use the remainder of my bank to hedge those positions in such a way that either the accumulators make me my profit or the hedge bets do or ,more usually,a combination of both do.

Cheers

So why would you not provide a screen shot of the accumulator bet slip or similar?

You must appreciate that it is difficult to believe in the kind of figures you're quoting here without providing any supporting evidence. Obviously you're under no obligation to provide such proof however I'd then question the value of creating a thread like this other than as a subtle brag and, to be honest, I usually remove such threads in the past from this subforum as they offer no real value to readers.
Original post by Reue
So why would you not provide a screen shot of the accumulator bet slip or similar?

You must appreciate that it is difficult to believe in the kind of figures you're quoting here without providing any supporting evidence. Obviously you're under no obligation to provide such proof however I'd then question the value of creating a thread like this other than as a subtle brag and, to be honest, I usually remove such threads in the past from this subforum as they offer no real value to readers.

Well I personally would have no objection whatsoever if you were to remove this thread as this is not my thread.

I attempted to help the OP.

One of the main reasons I wish to PROVE I'm right is because when I attempt to help people I get accused of bragging.

Once this is proven noone need ever hear from me again as I have other fish to fry particularly with regard to my main love,DJing.

Finally,I don't know what access to my details you as a mod have but if you really want evidence so much you could google my name/ gambling.

You should find an article from 2009 that says that someone by that name made a £ million in 4 years.

The article contains 6 factual mistakes one of which is that I didnt make a million in 4 years,rather that was my winnings.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 112
Original post by moggis
Well I personally would have no objection whatsoever if you were to remove this thread as this is not my thread.

I attempted to help the OP.

One of the main reasons I wish to PROVE I'm right is because when I attempt to help people I get accused of bragging.

Once this is proven noone need ever hear from me again as I have other fish to fry particularly with regard to my main love,DJing.

Finally,I don't know what access to my details you as a mod have but if you really want evidence so much you could google my name/ gambling.

You should find an article from 2009 that says that someone by that name made a £ million in 4 years.

The article contains 6 factual mistakes one of which is that I dint make a million in 4 years,rather that was my winnings.

Cheers

Apologies, I meant create replies, not thread.

I don't have access to that data unfortunately, and again it wouldn't prove you were that person anyway.

Why not just post screen shots of the bet slips or account history? Blacking out personal data of course.
Original post by Reue
Apologies, I meant create replies, not thread.

I don't have access to that data unfortunately, and again it wouldn't prove you were that person anyway.

Why not just post screen shots of the bet slips or account history? Blacking out personal data of course.

Dear God,what would it matter if I was or wasn't the person in the article!?The main point is that I'm claiming that the best way to bet on football is to bet accumulators on long term markets and that article claims someone made a million in 4 years doing just that!

I couldn't care less whether anyone thinks it's me or not.
Reply 114
Original post by moggis
Dear God,what would it matter if I was or wasn't the person in the article!?The main point is that I'm claiming that the best way to bet on football is to bet accumulators on long term markets and that article claims someone made a million in 4 years doing just that!

I couldn't care less whether anyone thinks it's me or not.

People on the news win millions on the lottery, doesn't then mean it's a good idea for people to play it.

You're trying to promote a successful technique without really going into details on the full method or proof of its success.

That's why it matters :smile:
Original post by Reue
People on the news win millions on the lottery, doesn't then mean it's a good idea for people to play it.

You're trying to promote a successful technique without really going into details on the full method or proof of its success.

That's why it matters :smile:

But ALL anyone has to do is paper trade !!!

This is a very good time to start in fact.

Pretend you have £5000 to invest in such bets.

And aim to make just £500 profit.edit .Actually £500 is too easy and therefore boring.Attempt to make a theoretical £1250.

I'm saying that any idiot could do this.
(edited 8 years ago)
You know what makes me laugh about all this?

My biggest claim is arguably that almost everything you read on the internet about football betting is either wrong or misleading.

Well one of the most common refrains to be found on the Internet with regard to betting is...

" If it ( ie a particular method under discussion) was that easy everyone would be doing it"

Lol.

You must be joking.

The EASIEST way to make money from betting on football is by betting on long term markets.

Yet I can't even give this knowledge away!

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
posting in to sub

fellow gambler here. banned by some bookies.
just finished reading this thread

>what moggis said about losing mentality beats the smartest people is true

> moggis said long term market has value, prob true due to the lack of smart money there

>moggis said he gets on quadraple zero massive amount without getting limited on the bookies, i heavily doubt this. open any bookie account and check the max limit, bet365 wont let me bet more than 5k on a premier league game odds on favourte, what more high odds long term acca

> moggis said cash out function helped him a lot, thats not true, the bookies offered this function so they can squeeze more value out of you, by offering you an inferior value to open a position, then give you another inferior value to exit the position

> too long and didnt read anything with detail, would appreciate if screenshot/betting slip pics is provided.
Original post by HucktheForde
just finished reading this thread

>what moggis said about losing mentality beats the smartest people is true

> moggis said long term market has value, prob true due to the lack of smart money there

>moggis said he gets on quadraple zero massive amount without getting limited on the bookies, i heavily doubt this. open any bookie account and check the max limit, bet365 wont let me bet more than 5k on a premier league game odds on favourte, what more high odds long term acca

> moggis said cash out function helped him a lot, thats not true, the bookies offered this function so they can squeeze more value out of you, by offering you an inferior value to open a position, then give you another inferior value to exit the position

> too long and didnt read anything with detail, would appreciate if screenshot/betting slip pics is provided.

I've googled this guy and it seems he's not BSing about certain stuff.

I would like to see some proof and examples of what he has on at the moment.

MOGGIS... am I right in thinking you put more long term accas on throughout the season, in order to hedge your other accas?

Cash out is terrible value like you say, even if you were able to beat the long term markets well, cashing out would just eat all profit.

Latest

Trending

Trending