The Student Room Group

Need help with coursework AQA A

Almost finished my coursework but im stuck on the mann whitney U statistics ive worked them out and it seems that they are extremely unsignificant and whether i am doing anything wrong. My investigation is into conformity using a variation on the Jenness beans ina jar experiment. Im also wondering how to go about my discussion without having my results completed, as im trying to get most it down without having to wait around. Its a lot to ask i know but help!! please x:eek:
Reply 1
http://faculty.vassar.edu/lowry/VassarStats.html

It will do Mann-Whitney test for you so you can make sure you are doing it right. :smile:
Reply 2
Hey thanks for the reply! I had a look at the link you posted and tried it out but it ranked all my data as 12.5 .. i got a bit confused as it gave me the same answer as i gave before but my ranks were different. :confused: Although on the positive side im pushing through my discussion so i will get there in the end i think :P
Reply 3
With the discussion, I tend to be able to talk a lot about it before analysing the results anyway - just point out all the things that meant it lacked validity, ecological or internal, any suggestions for improvements etc etc

Latest

Trending

Trending