The Student Room Group

ditched by my bf

He's been at work today and I was off so spent the day tidying the house (his mess) and making myself look nice.

When he got in he said he had a missed call from his friend, and called him back and was invited round there. He was barely at home for half an hour and now I'm on my own with nothing to do. Not that we had really planned to do anything, except be together.

Most of my friends live out of town and have busy lives so I can't really see them at such short notice. I've contacted friend that lives in the same town (I don't drive) but have had no response so now I'm just pissed off, bored and lonely.

It's not that I don't want him to see his friends it's that I wish he would give me notice so that I can arrange to do something myself. When he's got a day off and just mopes around at home waiting for me to get in I would never just ditch him to see friends instead. Maybe I should.

Would you be pissed off?
I'd probably be a bit annoyed... I understand why someone could say I have no right to be, but I imagine I would at least be a bit bothered by it. But I'd probably entertain myself until he got home, no point making your night crap by doing nothing but thinking negatively.
I guess since there weren't any official plans it wasn't obvious enough to him (which is his fault to be honest) that you'd be spending the day together, but he's still being inconsiderate. Though it doesn't seem intentional it feels like he's taken you for granted.

Don't go for revenge or anything - just communicate with him, explaining that you put in a lot of effort to clean up *his* place and look nice for him, and you'd have liked to spent some time with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending