The Student Room Group

Relationship lies

I’m really after some advice.
Cut long story short, my partner was at work and text me that he was going in a meeting so he wouldn’t reply.
Week later I found a parking ticket in his car during that time he was supposedly in a meeting.
When I brought it up, he at first couldn’t explain the ticket saying he doesn’t know why he had it etc.
Then he decides to tell me that he went out with one of his mates for a drive to chat.
The way he reacted, he was terrified when I brought it up like he was guilty of something.
If he did go for a drive with his friend then he surely would’ve just told me like he always does?
It’s been a week now and I still have this gut feeling he’s lying to me, I’ve mentioned it basically everyday and I can tell by his body language and his face that he’s not telling me the truth.
What do I do? He literally is so adamant to not tell me the truth but he’s lied throughout our relationship over everything big or little.
I just want some advice or ways to make him tell me or anything bcos I’m really struggling.😩
Your post makes crystal clear that your bf is a habitual liar and you have been aware of this fact for a long time.

You know that a happy and healthy relationship with a long term potential cannot be built on lies.
This is why you don't trust him.
You know that you can't believe a word that he says about anything unless there is independent corroborating evidence.

Asky yourself why you willing to waste your time on a relationship where there is no trust or honesty.
Then decide whether you really want to continue dating the liar.
If not, you know what to do.
If so, don't expect the lies to ever stop or his behaviour to change for the better.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Your post makes crystal clear that your bf is a habitual liar and you have been aware of this fact for a long time.

You know that a happy and healthy relationship with a long term potential cannot be built on lies.
This is why you don't trust him.
You know that you can't believe a word that he says about anything unless there is independent corroborating evidence.

Asky yourself why you willing to waste your time on a relationship where there is no trust or honesty.
Then decide whether you really want to continue dating the liar.
If not, you know what to do.
If so, don't expect the lies to ever stop or his behaviour to change for the better.
Good luck!

I think when you try so hard because you badly want something to work, you just tend to throw the lies to the side until it becomes a big one.
I did need to read what you said bcos you have opened my eyes!
appreciate it!
thankyou :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
he’s lied throughout our relationship over everything big or little.

I just want some advice or ways to make him tell me or anything bcos I’m really struggling.😩

Unfortunately, it's the 'or anything' option; ditch him. It's not a relationship if there's no honesty or trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending