The Student Room Group

Am I out of line ?????

Hey ,

F( 20 ) I have a friend of a friend who I've been trying to get closer with and I've noticed over the past 2 months replies have been very dead. So I asked about it she said nothing, asked again and she was quite passive aggressive this time. Saying that when we last went to their house I messaged my friend ( her bf ) saying thanks for letting us stay and not her ? Which was rly frustrating ? And also she stated that because I took her bfs suggestion for an outing with her, she said it seemed very ingenuine of me as I didn't come up with it myself. Am i being unreasonable by thinking wtf , this is extremely petty and making something out of nothing !! Should I ditch off this early friendship?
Reply 1
You are not out of line.

You've been very reasonable by trying to communicate with her in regards to her responses and if she's giving you dead responses - then she's not much of a friend in the first place. It was right of you to have thanked her bf because it is his place too and you were being both sincere and respectful to his space, of course your friend probably invited you - but it was considerate of you to think of him too. The outing suggestion thing sounds downright petty and immature of her - when you were trying to do something she would've liked. She doesn't want to change and is stuck in her ways - ditch the 'friendship' and move on.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey ,

F( 20 ) I have a friend of a friend who I've been trying to get closer with and I've noticed over the past 2 months replies have been very dead. So I asked about it she said nothing, asked again and she was quite passive aggressive this time. Saying that when we last went to their house I messaged my friend ( her bf ) saying thanks for letting us stay and not her ? Which was rly frustrating ? And also she stated that because I took her bfs suggestion for an outing with her, she said it seemed very ingenuine of me as I didn't come up with it myself. Am i being unreasonable by thinking wtf , this is extremely petty and making something out of nothing !!
Should I ditch off this early friendship?

Your very reasonable here,

You should probably leave people who are not interested in you as a friend or even a fellow classmate, it will only turn out to her saying you want attention or you are making me uncomfortable etc. If she is genuine she will ask you this and that.

Anyway, it all depends on you maybe look for better friends and remember world has about 8 billion people not just 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending