The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Best accommodation at Portsmouth Uni?

Hello

I recently received my student housing catalogue in the mail, and the accommodation looks great. I am looking for self-catered accommodation, and I am looking at living in the halls of residence.

However, I know from experience that looks can be deceiving - and they look more or less the same with hardly any difference - and researching University-funded propaganda can only get you so far.

Is there anyone on here with an inside perspective on the accommodation at Portsmouth Uni? If so - from an objective viewpoint - which is the nicest place to live?

Thank-you for your time
Bump
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
sorry this is late are you still wondering? I have some advice about which halls to pick. you're right the website is very deceiving they don't look at all what they look like on the website I'd say to go for James Watson but to be honest that's the only one I did it it also its really know the campus or the Campus buildings rather and the su. Langstone or however you spell ot is like 30 minutes CAR ride away from the su.
Bit expensive, I've gone with Trust Hall, that's in Langstone village too though, so that's 30 minute drive away? Are you sure?
Original post by lionheart27
Bit expensive, I've gone with Trust Hall, that's in Langstone village too though, so that's 30 minute drive away? Are you sure?

Well that's what they said on the open day when I went maybe it was walk but the benefit to Portsmouth (I apologize I went in November of last year) is that everything even the harbour is within walking distance. And the scenary is so nice you wouldn't notice. It is quote far compared to James Watson and harry law though. I hope this map helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by em211997
Well that's what they said on the open day when I went maybe it was walk but the benefit to Portsmouth (I apologize I went in November of last year) is that everything even the harbour is within walking distance. And the scenary is so nice you wouldn't notice. It is quote far compared to James Watson and harry law though. I hope this map helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Langstone is 20mins away by Bus. more like 60mins on foot or even more. I would not consider it. Go for James Watson.
Original post by ugauga
Langstone is 20mins away by Bus. more like 60mins on foot or even more. I would not consider it. Go for James Watson.

Thanks for your input, how far away is James Watson from the Uni in terms of walking distance?
Thanks for your input, how far away is James Watson from the Uni in terms of walking distance?

Like 5 minutes walk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

1min if you're at st michaels :biggrin:
Sounds good, cheers :smile:
Don't go into James Watson halls I have been living there for the last year and it was a total mess and everything in my room was broken before I even moved in. They still hasn't fixed half of it wen I moved out on 1st June

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending