The Student Room Group

What do i ddoooooo i cant find a replacement tenant

ANYONEEE what do I doooooo. so I’ve literally just gotten off the phone to my accommodation manager and long story short I’m transferring uni’s and this decision was kind of last minute, before I came to this decision I was scheduled to move into an accommodation at my now Ex-uni but I was just told that I have to find another tenant to replace me otherwise I’m still liable for the payments and if I refuse to pay debt letters will be sent to my address and that I signed a contract stating I’m still liable. But the thing is my first payment is in FIVE DAYYS. WHAT DO I DOOO😭😭😭???
Original post by Lana123456789
ANYONEEE what do I doooooo. so I’ve literally just gotten off the phone to my accommodation manager and long story short I’m transferring uni’s and this decision was kind of last minute, before I came to this decision I was scheduled to move into an accommodation at my now Ex-uni but I was just told that I have to find another tenant to replace me otherwise I’m still liable for the payments and if I refuse to pay debt letters will be sent to my address and that I signed a contract stating I’m still liable. But the thing is my first payment is in FIVE DAYYS. WHAT DO I DOOO😭😭😭???

Hi there,

Unfortunately, is you've signed the contract, you will be liable to pay. Make sure to advertise on local uni Facebook groups/ across all your friends. You may be able to seek advice from the student union regarding finding a replacement/ not being able to pay.

I hope this helps a little :smile:

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
No other choice but to try & grind to find a replacement tenant I'm afraid ;/
Reply 3
Thank you everyone, and just a heads up it’s the university of Portsmouth 😭so if anyone’s looking 😭plz😭plz let me know👀😭🥹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending