The Student Room Group

AQA mathematics As core 1

Anyone else doing this exam on the 13th? I have gone over everything yet I still don't feel confident, I've done all the past papers what else can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone else doing this exam on the 13th? I have gone over everything yet I still don't feel confident, I've done all the past papers what else can I do?

Have you tried watching Maths videos on YouTube e.g. ExamSolution to understand why you use such methods?

I would recommend doing all of them again, and questioning why you are using some methods.
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Have you tried watching Maths videos on YouTube e.g. ExamSolution to understand why you use such methods?

I would recommend doing all of them again, and questioning why you are using some methods.

Yes, I keep getting high 60s in mocks, it's core 2 I worry about I'm only getting low thirties with 2 and a half weeks to go.
Reply 3
Yes, I keep getting high 60s in mocks, it's core 2 I worry about I'm only getting low thirties with 2 and a half weeks to go.

What questions in particular do you struggle with on Core 2?
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
What questions in particular do you struggle with on Core 2?

I don't understand the whole trig transformations and trig identity and trig equations topic, is they any where other than exam solutions I can learn it? I want to learn it by this Tuesday.
Reply 5
I don't understand the whole trig transformations and trig identity and trig equations topic, is they any where other than exam solutions I can learn it? I want to learn it by this Tuesday.

Type in the topic name on YouTube. If not have you tried using a revision guide?
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
Type in the topic name on YouTube. If not have you tried using a revision guide?

I don't have one I could get one which should I get I am going whsmith tommorow. Have you not dine trig equation topics and identity it's confusing..
Reply 7
I don't have one I could get one which should I get I am going whsmith tommorow. Have you not dine trig equation topics and identity it's confusing..

Yes I have. At first it was very confusing, but after some weeks of constant practice it became rather easy.
Reply 8
Anyone not finished core 2 yet? My school seems to be the only one.
Does anyone know if point of inflexion is a part of the syllabus for core 1? Or is it just finding this maximum and minimum?
Reply 10
Original post by Heffalump .
Does anyone know if point of inflexion is a part of the syllabus for core 1? Or is it just finding this maximum and minimum?

Never heard of inflexion..
We have only learnt maximum and minimum points for core 1 :smile:
Really starting to stress about Wednesday now, had lots of time off at the start of the year and now I feel I am not going to do well!!!!
Any advice/tips on what I could do to improve my grade? Also, any advice on circles?
Thank youuuu!
Reply 12
Original post by studychloe
We have only learnt maximum and minimum points for core 1 :smile:
Really starting to stress about Wednesday now, had lots of time off at the start of the year and now I feel I am not going to do well!!!!
Any advice/tips on what I could do to improve my grade? Also, any advice on circles?
Thank youuuu!

Circles just know how to sketch them, find radius and centre, tangents, normals and geometric transformations, and a few more bits, it's quite a big topic
Reply 13
Is anyone even doing this exams feels like nobody's doing it haha.
Reply 14
I'm doing this exam. It shouldn't be too bad, hopefully using it to boost my overall maths AS up a bit as we have to do stats and that's basically impossible...
Just maximum and minimum. Points of inflexion might be further maths I think
What do we think are the hardest core 1 past papers, they'll be useful for revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Yeah who know what the hardest c1 paper is?
JUNE 2014 was a killer!!!! Watch out for the exam guys, aqa have decided to change the style of their questions...... Just revises on exam solutions the guy is a beast.
Reply 19
Original post by OneandOnly123
JUNE 2014 was a killer!!!! Watch out for the exam guys, aqa have decided to change the style of their questions...... Just revises on exam solutions the guy is a beast.

Was it really hard? I got a high B when I did it in a mock for c1 haven't tried c2 yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending