The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Changing courses at the University of Manchester!

Heyy

I have applied and been offered a place to study Ancient History at UoM in 2015 providing I achieve ABB. The problem is, I am starting to wish I had applied for History and Sociology at UoM instead. So I was just wondering how easy would it be to change courses once (if* - lets not be presumptious) I got there? The subjects are not miles apart and their entry requirements are the same as well. And if that is not a possibility, would I have to try through clearing?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Elbob08
Heyy

I have applied and been offered a place to study Ancient History at UoM in 2015 providing I achieve ABB. The problem is, I am starting to wish I had applied for History and Sociology at UoM instead. So I was just wondering how easy would it be to change courses once (if* - lets not be presumptious) I got there? The subjects are not miles apart and their entry requirements are the same as well. And if that is not a possibility, would I have to try through clearing?

Thank you! :smile:

If the courses and entry requirements are similar, there's a fairly good chance you'd be able to change. I'd suggest doing it now though, before you get there, as it will be easier. At least contact the school to see what they say about it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
If the courses and entry requirements are similar, there's a fairly good chance you'd be able to change. I'd suggest doing it now though, before you get there, as it will be easier. At least contact the school to see what they say about it.

So do suggest I contact the University now and ask if there is a possibility of changing courses before I start?
Original post by Elbob08
So do suggest I contact the University now and ask if there is a possibility of changing courses before I start?

Yeah, the sooner you contact them, the easier it will be to sort out a course change.
Reply 4
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Yeah, the sooner you contact them, the easier it will be to sort out a course change.

Okay, thank you so much!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending