The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU in summer between A-Levels and Uni?

Well, I discovered the OU this evening. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who's done just the 10 point modules, for the fun of it as a warm-up to university study. Seeing as there's a course, Y157, Understanding Society that looks quite interesting, I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has done anything similar - just done a level 1 10 point course for the sheer fun of it before going off to a brick uni? (Given the course begins in June, as my a levels finish, and the course ends in Oct 2007, as I go off to Uni, this looks quite promising...)
Reply 1
i did the 10 point fossils and the history of life whilst doing my As's. it was pretty easy, and helped slightly with my paeloentology exam, and with getting into uni (was brought up by my interviewers), but unless youre doing it for ucas itd probably be best to concentrate on your a levels.

my school started a program where they paid for 10 of us to do a course with them, which is the reason i did it, and i think it could be quite expensive and pointless as a warm up for uni if you have to pay for it and it wont benefit you in the way it did me.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I began my study with the OU in the October after I'd finished A levels last year- I wouldn't recommend study over that summer period- you need to enjoy yourself, let your hair down and just have the longest holiday you're likely to get in your life before you have to start getting ready for Uni/study/work/trainning.

Latest