The Student Room Group

self teaching myself A Level Politics & History ?

Hi,

For context, I am 20 and got accepted into 5 Russell group unis for LLB Law. I have decided on University of York. I had to leave college due to medical reasons and therefore never finished my A Levels. I am currently doing 60 credits at the OU and these will be finished soon (I used these to get onto University). As I want to be a lawyer, I’m worried that me having no A Levels will set me back for training contracts and other opportunities.

Therefore, I want to get at least 2 respectable A Levels in my qualifications. I have looked at the online courses but they’re too expensive, therefore I want to teach them myself and then sit them as a private candidate.

How would I get started on doing this? Does anyone have any tips and do you think it’s worth it?
Hi. You’re much better off doing an Access to HE course. You can definitely get into decent RG unis through such means, I got an offer from Nottingham the other day! They’re only a year long and it’d be more straightforward than doing a levels as a private candidate. I think access courses definitely prepare you more for uni style assessments.
Reply 2
Original post by symptom
Hi. You’re much better off doing an Access to HE course. You can definitely get into decent RG unis through such means, I got an offer from Nottingham the other day! They’re only a year long and it’d be more straightforward than doing a levels as a private candidate. I think access courses definitely prepare you more for uni style assessments.

I have already been accepted into 5 RG unis with my OU credits - I didn’t know about an access to HE course until lately. I’m almost finished my OU credits I just want to self study A Levels (as I’m on my gap year) to give myself a better chance of going to a mg law firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending