The Student Room Group

Anyone here knows someone who has done a Drama degree?

A friend or acquaintance maybe? I'm wondering how's the job (search) like for them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
My friends' brother did Drama at Northumbria, and got onto Marks and Spencer's management graduate scheme. He is now an experienced manager of three years, and has been offered a job somewhere else, and that organisation is paying for him to do a (compulsory) Master's degree, so I suspect it's quite a high level job. On the other hand, my best friend's sister is a Drama graduate. She's worked in menial jobs for years since her graduation.
Reply 3
Original post by Alex347_
My friends' brother did Drama at Northumbria, and got onto Marks and Spencer's management graduate scheme. He is now an experienced manager of three years, and has been offered a job somewhere else, and that organisation is paying for him to do a (compulsory) Master's degree, so I suspect it's quite a high level job.

Oh, that's lovely to hear :smile:

I'm sure it can still be considered a transferable skill/degree?
It's just like any other arts degree (I'm doing one, too, so I'm not some STEM obsessed moron), they're not exactly the most employable degrees in the short term, but I'm sure you'll do fine with it in the end.
Reply 5
Original post by Alex347_
It's just like any other arts degree (I'm doing one, too, so I'm not some STEM obsessed moron).

There are loads of those here I believe :lol:
Original post by kka25
A friend or acquaintance maybe? I'm wondering how's the job (search) like for them.

I have one on my payroll from Aberystwyth Uni, she is my in-house interior designer/modeller.
Reply 7
I know someone who did drama at Cambridge.
bad idea
When I was a bit younger I did an audition at drama school and didn't get in. I'm quite glad because I have little to no interest in acting now. It's good if you have a major, major interest in acting and live and breath drama because I have heard it is tough. Same for after qualifying. You need to have a huge passion and live and breath the drama profession in order to be successful. If this sounds like you, then do it
Reply 10
Original post by Alfissti
I have one on my payroll from Aberystwyth Uni, she is my in-house interior designer/modeller.

Oh, how is she doing? Hope she's performing!
Reply 11
Original post by BCMFM16
I know someone who did drama at Cambridge.

Prey tell more please.

Original post by Lisagurlxx
bad idea

bad idea ... ?
Original post by kka25
Prey tell more please.

bad idea ... ?

Works in the West end.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BCMFM16
Works in the best end.

West*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Now that makes perfect sense :lol:

Ever heard of autocorrect, especially on an iMac.
Original post by BCMFM16
Ever heard of autocorrect, especially on an iMac.

iMacs don't have autocorrect... iPads, iPhones, etc. do.

Tbf, you can't really expect people to know best end was meant to be west end. I'm just being pedantic though.
Original post by Princepieman
iMacs don't have autocorrect... iPads, iPhones, etc. do.

Tbf, you can't really expect people to know best end was meant to be west end. I'm just being pedantic though.

I am using an iMac now.

Reply 18
Anyone here knows someone who has ruined their life?
Reply 19
Original post by ubisoft
Anyone here knows someone who has ruined their life?

: /

Quick Reply

Latest