The Student Room Group

I've got a theory

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Zenarthra;55470699"]Ah right, steaming the face helps so sauna is brilliant.
What effects have you seen on your skin?[/QUOTE

It has all gone virtually except for the odd one
Acne is a pain. It's a pain because even though it might look the same on two people, that doesn't mean the cause of their acne is the same.

I cleared my acne with a mix of a plant ointment from my grandfather's garden, cicalfate- zinc oxide cream and benzyl peroxide. I also take zinc as a supplement. Nothing before this magical combination worked, and I mean nothing.
Not even benzyl peroxide with a recommended moisturizer from my dermatologist.

My best friend got clear by taking BCP, because her acne is hormonal.
Another friend got clear by taking Accutane.
Another friend got clear by simply starting his sexual life.
I also know somebody who got clear after reducing her dairy intake (although I could never do that, dairy is my life)

Your acne may simply be linked to your lifestyle. It's good you managed to figure out how to get rid of this trolling of mother nature :^_^:

Haha ok, I didn't want to go full scientific on it but you are right,
Reply 23
Original post by LaMandarine
Acne is a pain. It's a pain because even though it might look the same on two people, that doesn't mean the cause of their acne is the same.

I cleared my acne with a mix of a plant ointment from my grandfather's garden, cicalfate- zinc oxide cream and benzyl peroxide. I also take zinc as a supplement. Nothing before this magical combination worked, and I mean nothing.

I also know somebody who got clear after reducing her dairy intake (although I could never do that, dairy is my life)

Your acne may simply be linked to your lifestyle. It's good you managed to figure out how to get rid of this trolling of mother nature :^_^:

You're right because we all have different skin types.
I love to figure things out. :cool:
Original post by LaMandarine

I had B peroxide then DUAC and now that in conjunction with exercise with sauna etc has virtually removed it all
Original post by Zenarthra
You're right because we all have different skin types.
I love to figure things out. :cool:

Skin types are among the last problems for acne.
Acne related to your skin type may simply be due to the fact that your skin is dry and you don't moisturize it accordingly, etc.

I don't consider acne a condition. I see it as a manifestation/ a symptom of another condition.
But yes, figuring things out is exciting :colone:
Original post by SophieSmall
Buffy is love, Buffy is life :tongue:

:five:
Wrong, its spherical.
Or if you;re being a smart arse, ellipsoid

Well it's not a pure sphere or ellipsoid. If you assume that it is, then it is round.
Reply 28
Original post by morgan8002
Well it's not a pure sphere or ellipsoid. If you assume that it is, then it is round.

Its closer to an ellipsoid than it is perfectly round.
Its closer to an ellipsoid than it is perfectly round.

An ellipsoid is round.

Quick Reply

Latest