The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics Paper 6 doubt

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perol
There was a question on the 2nd side of the 1st page saying where z would go once the weight was moved (it was hard to see and only 1 mark)

Damn must have missed it! And yeah when resistance is constant, voltage increases with current.
Reply 41
Original post by dwinnbrown
Damn must have missed it! And yeah when resistance is constant, voltage increases with current.

Yeah. don't worry about that - many people got it wrong including myself i believe
for the last page, what did you put as the range of masses and the number of readings?
Original post by Perol
Yeah. don't worry about that - many people got it wrong including myself i believe

What did you put for the last question on the first page where you put your measured values into the formula and then compared to what the guy said it should be? I got 1.11N I think
at the right of the pivot, just a little... I even calculated it >.<
How did you do the one that gave you the graph and you had to say the length of I dont remember what?The one with strange units
(edited 8 years ago)
I said change the current by using a variable resistor
Original post by jayypatton
for the last page, what did you put as the range of masses and the number of readings?

I have no idea- just wrote 4 masses 5g-20g?
Reply 47

I put take 10
from 5 to 50 kg wbu
Reply 48
Original post by imsomeone
How did you do the one that gave you the graph and you had to say the length of I dont remember what?The one with strange units

ah i put it to the righ of the 50 mark so i lost a mark :frown:

I put 10 masses from 0.25kg to 3.75kg increasing by 0.25kg each time
Original post by imsomeone

you had to find t, and the graph was t/squared, so you had to extrapolate from 4, which gave you 0.98 / 1.0
Original post by Perol
ah i put it to the righ of the 50 mark so i lost a mark :frown:

Its only a mark and it only counts like 20% so dont worry, the important one is paper 3! T.T
you had to find t, and the graph was t/squared, so you had to extrapolate from 4, which gave you 0.98 / 1.0

YEEESS!! I did it right thnx

Do you reckon you'd get a 2/3 marks for correct working but missing the squared bit?

Also do we get our papers back once marked?

Finally what did you guys get for the bit on the first page where you put your measurements into the formula and multiplied by 10?
Reply 54
14 and 26 wbu?
Reply 55

what masses did u put for the last question?
Guys if we only lose like 8 marks each on Papers 1 and 6, then only get like 50-60% on the paper 3, we're guaranteed an A (or a really high B)
Original post by Perol
14 and 26 wbu?

really - i got something like 13 and 25. I knew it should have added up to 50 so double checked my measurements but they seemed right.
Original post by Perol
I put take 10
from 5 to 50 kg wbu

i put 10 and 50g to 250g, just a guess really
Reply 59
i put 10 and 50g to 250g, just a guess really

yeah do you think kg is way too high?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending