The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Anyone applied for Aviation Technology with Commercial pilot training?

Has anyone applied for the aviation technology course for this year?:colondollar:
Reply 1
Hi there,

I've been doing something very similar for the past 4 years. I've been doing Aviation Operations, Management and Pilot Studies at The Aviation Academy airisde at Leeds Bradford airport as part of my Foundation Science degree and Batchelor science.

All the modules are in conjunction to commercial pilot standards such as: Human Factors, Aircraft Technical, Meteorology etc. I've really enjoyed it and have learnt a lot! We also do our EASA PPL Theoretical exams as part of the course so I've now got all them under my belt, I just need to do a few hours of flying then I've got my PPL.

Jobs prospects....

Well i've been working part time at a local airfield in the General Aviation division. I basically run all the airfield operations so i get to drive about in Land Rover Discoveries all day on runways which is pretty cool! I'm also Rescue and Firefighter trained and our airfield do all sorts.

I've been to quite a few job interviews this year specifically in the aviation industry. Jobs such as Airfield operations officer and a Flying training organisation administrator. I'm hoping to get a job in Airfield Operations if I can, then do my commercial training step by step and when ever I have the funds to do so.

There's a flying instructor at my airfield who did Aviation Technology at Leeds Uni. He's now a full time air cargo pilot for DHL on the B757/767's at East Midlands airport. I think he's only 28, but he said the course was very useful in terms of what he does now.

Hope this helps!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending