The Student Room Group

SQA Higher Geography 2015

Scroll to see replies

So glad atmosphere was question 5 meaning I didn't have to choose it.best thing ever
I thought the old higher geography paper was really good especially paper 2. Thats the first exam i have done with the old higher that i felt the sqa were not trying to screw me over. Felt it was a fair paper and im feeling confident
for the people doing new higher what did you mention for the disadvantages for the site of the education centre?
Original post by MartinDUFC
for the people doing new higher what did you mention for the disadvantages for the site of the education centre?

I mentioned about the marshy site, also said it may be liable to flooding (?) how the location might not be accessible to some because there may be a lack of public transport, how there is no easy/safe access to the hills/forest on the other side of the loch.

I had more advantages than disadvantages!
For the old higher my friend accidentally answered all the questions in paper 1...I have no idea how she finished! How do they mark this? Do they just mark the first 6 questions that she has answered or do they mark them all and pick the best marks? P.s. I though it was such a good paper today!
Original post by Anna121belle
For the old higher my friend accidentally answered all the questions in paper 1...I have no idea how she finished! How do they mark this? Do they just mark the first 6 questions that she has answered or do they mark them all and pick the best marks? P.s. I though it was such a good paper today!

They'll mark all of it and pick her higher mark from the optional physical topics 0 either atmosphere or biosphere and her higher mark for human either industry or rural. I don't know how your friend finished because i didn't finish and i did only what it said...
Can someone post old higher paper 1 ??
Original post by R__Elliott
I mentioned about the marshy site, also said it may be liable to flooding (?) how the location might not be accessible to some because there may be a lack of public transport, how there is no easy/safe access to the hills/forest on the other side of the loch.

I had more advantages than disadvantages!

I talked about how it should stop the decreasing population of the local area, attract visitors to other attractions such as the industrial railway museum at xxxxxx and the museum in Dalmellington at xxxxxx. I also talked about an impact on fishing on Loch Doon as more people could be attracted to the outdoor centre to fish rather than the banks of Loch Doon. I also mentioned about the possibility of the local schools in Dalmellington using it to educate their pupils on wildlife.

I wonder how the pupils at the high school in Dalmellington reacted to their area being the Higher Skills question?

Overall, the exam was very fair. I actually enjoyed it as I think I knew what to say for every question. It has really rebuilt my confidence after yesterday's bloodbath in the Higher Maths exam. Just French to go tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending