The Student Room Group

Can anyone help, stuck in a situation and don't know what the best thing to do is?

Ok so I've got myself involved with an older man, been going out with him for months. I don't really like sex though, he always complains about using condoms he's used to using the pull out method and with him having many partners I just don't want to catch anything. I like him but there's a big age gap which means it can't really work in the long term. I've known him before we got together for years he has done sports with me and has taught me loads so I've always liked him. He's been upset though because I've been avoiding staying at his I've been thinking of the nicest way of ending the relationship for weeks but there's a problem with doing so. His mum is ill and doesn't have long to live I've not wanted to end things with him because of this, his dad died 2 years ago and he lives on his own. He said he has had nothing but crap for the last 2 years which is true and that he doesn't want more of it with me 'causing problems not wanting sex'. He told me that they are thinking of putting his mum on that end of life pathway and I just don't know what to do. I really want to support him I will be there for him etc but I just don't want sex. It's his birthday next week too which is another reason it would be harsh to end things, I just don't have the guts to do it anyway.

He he will be expecting me staying over on Friday and I'm kind of dreading it I do like spending time with him and it would be great staying over if sex wasn't expected but I just don't trust his sexual health and I'm not that keen on sex anyway.

There are a lot of issues here I know but I really don't know what the best thing to do is : /. I've been trying to support him and have taken him shopping several times as he doesn't drive. I'd like to continue to help him out like this and want to be there for him emotionally but I'm in a very difficult position to end the relationship. I kind of feel trapped.
Reply 1
If you can't be mature enough to deal with sex responsibly you aren't mature enough to be having it.

As for the rest - cmon you know what you have to do. So grow up and do it!
Reply 2
Original post by AvaAdore
If you can't be mature enough to deal with sex responsibly you aren't mature enough to be having it.

As for the rest - cmon you know what you have to do. So grow up and do it!

I was surprised how irresponsible his attitude is to sex ie no protection, I don't think in his generation they bothered much with protection/sti's etc. I can't break up with him if his mum is dying I will be leaving him all alone it's like I'm his closest friend.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was surprised how irresponsible his attitude is to sex ie no protection, I don't think in his generation they bothered much with protection/sti's etc. I can't break up with him if his mum is dying I will be leaving him all alone it's like I'm his closest friend.

you don't have to **** the guy cos his mum is dying...listen to yourself. You've just said you don't trust his sexual health. Are you really gonna risk getting an incurable STI because of guilt sex? You're an adult, I assume. This isn't healthy and regardless of his personal circumstances he shouldn't expect you to put your health at risk or do something you don't want to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending