The Student Room Group

Computer Science < Need some advice!

Yo!

I'm currently 18 and less than 1 month away from my final exam and the day I leave school!

I'm currently studying: biology,chemistry and geography and I'm a B in biology and a B/C in geography and a C/D in chemistry.

Now I know what you're thinking.. I'm doing science subjects which is nothing related to computer science ( IT/Maths)..

If I go back to year 12, I would do Maths,IT,Biology and Geography but the main reason I didn't do these subjects was because of pressure from my parents who wanted me to become a "doctor" < yes im asian loooool. It's just ridiculous and I know I should've made my own choices but now looking back on it, I feel so frustrated that I gave into my own parents and didn't do the subjects I wanted to do..

^ idk why I wrote that....Now onto the real reason why I wrote this thread.. lol

I've applied to do Computer Science with a foundation year < Is this a bad idea? My reasoning behind this is that it'll build up my maths skills(I got an A* at GCSE btw if that helps) and my knowledge in computing in general. < Is this a good idea or should I go straight to the normal 3 year BSc course?

these are the two offers i'm really considering :

Loughborough - Computer science with foundation year (CCC)
University of essex - computer science with foundation year (DDD<can't remember)

What do i do :frown: me stuk
Reply 1
Foundation year sounds like a great idea. Do well and move onto the BSc afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending