The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Especially when you are in a long distance relationship, I think it is necessary to talk to each other everyday, and for a long time. My boy-friend lives in Philadelphia, I am in Germany. We call each other once a day and talk for about 2 or 3 hours. It can be difficult because of the different time zones, but we always arrange a time when we are both free. If we talked for less it would be quite difficult to feel close to each other and to participate in each others life.
I normally see him every day, and we call each other, and normally a text goodnight...and then hes in Spain for a holiday and we just text once a day and the odd email...and I can't wait till he gets back...
Reply 22
Me and my bf have been together 18 months, i stay at his for 3 nights a week.

We text? haha not very often really, he works a lot and i'm busy with uni so i'll send the odd text during the week and he will. Sometimes a phone call and on occasions when i catch him MSN, i'd maybe text him more but he's a bit crap at replying anyway so it wouldn't be worth wasting my free texts :wink:
Reply 23
dazmanultra
Whilst it might be difficult, I think perhaps if you call less often (perhaps every other day) when you do call, it will be a quality conversation. You and him will value the time you spend talking to each other.

To the above poster with regards to your signature:

I love the Amélie music too. :smile:

You have good taste. :biggrin:
Reply 24
I try and text my boyfriend a couple of times every day :smile:. And when we're together at school, we always hang out together.
actually recently (during christmas) my girlfriend calls me at night and I call her back from my homephone (which is free to other homephones 24/7) and we just chat all night.

Tis turning me noctornal :frown:
I totally have the same problem. Although I've never really considered it a problem before. But I know I'm way too obsessed over my bf. Like you said, it's just like you love him that intensely. My bfs at work right now and I've text him easily 20 times even though I've been with him all day and left him only at about 6pm. I know what you mean by being upset when he asks to talk later as well. My bf does this, not to be nasty, but just because he simply can't talk at that moment in time yet I get quite paranoid about it. Tbh sometimes I get bored with it and sort of "derail" from him and it actually seems to pull him more to me. So what I'm trying to say is, I think it's like a phase that you will eventually get over.
On average, I'd say I see my boyfriend 5/7 days a week, spend about 3 nights together, and speak on the phone twice a day. Not much texting goes on, only to ask a quick question or to say 'Leaving now' and that sort of thing. We've been together for 2.5 years though, so there's less of an intense desire to spend time together, lol. :rolleyes:

I definitely know what its like to want constant communication though. I've gone through phases of feeling so dependent on him. Don't beat yourself up about it - just start taking note of when he might be getting annoyed and adapt your behaviour to that. And tell yourself that he wants to be with you, or he wouldn't be. Best of luck!
lol i didn't call my girlfriend until about ten in the evening one day as she's on holiday and the only reason not to have contacted was because i was dead apparantly.
Reply 29
I haven't spoken to my boyfriend in 3 weeks due to him being on holiday without a phone...however we usually either text/talk on msn every day and phone every couple of days. It used to be more but he always signed his texts 'speak to you later' so I got the hint and only text him in the evenings when he's not at uni :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending