The Student Room Group

Calling all grammar and literature/language experts!

I need your English skills to make this sound more formal and professional.
I have a research question which could be improved to sound a lot better.

'Do students view those with a history of crime the same as they view those with a history of mental illness?'

If you can make this sound better, I am going to see how people react to a person with a history of crime vs a history of mental illness. I will be giving them 2 examples the same people except one has a criminal history and one has mental history.
Part of A Level Psychology.
(edited 8 years ago)
Will no one accept the challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What level are you at? If this is GCSE or A level coursework then you can probably get away with this topic, but not at higher levels.
Original post by Crumpet1
What level are you at? If this is GCSE or A level coursework then you can probably get away with this topic, but not at higher levels.

A Level Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OI ENGLISH EXPERTS WHERE U AT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you say something along the lines of 'Do young people of today's society treat those with criminal histories on par with people with psychiatric conditions?'
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by HarryBarney
I need your English skills to make this sound more formal and professional.
I have a research question which could be improved to sound a lot better.

'Do students view those with a history of crime the same as they view those with a history of mental illness?'

'In the current generation where judging people on the factors of individual differences and backgrounds are emphasised to be non-discriminate and neutral, what proportion of students perceive those with a criminal past equally to to those with a history of psychiatric illness; what affects the students' opinions- are they more likely to treat the mentally ill with more sympathy for example?'.

You could also define what you'll be considering a criminal/psychological illness to be, too. I.e what sort of crimes make up a criminal? Will you be using 'soft' examples or more 'serious' ones?

I ain't a language expert, but wanted to reply as you bumped a few times.
Original post by Davalla
'In the current generation where judging people on the factors of individual differences and backgrounds are emphasised to be non-discriminate and neutral, what proportion of students perceive those with a criminal past equally to to those with a history of psychiatric illness; what affects the students' opinions- are they more likely to treat the mentally ill with more sympathy for example?'.

You could also define what you'll be considering a criminal/psychological illness to be, too. I.e what sort of crimes make up a criminal? Will you be using 'soft' examples or more 'serious' ones?

I ain't a language expert, but wanted to reply as you bumped a few times.

Brilliant! That's good thank's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending