The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language and literature help - EDUQAS

Hello all! I am going into year 11 in two weeks. In my mocks i got the following:
English literature Eduqas - 5
English language Eduqas - 6

When i asked my teacher to put me down for the extra revision club (only for those that got 4s and below) he said no as my results were “good enough to pass”. But i don’t just want to pass, i wast to do good. So i was wondering if anyone else out there is doing the same exam board as me and could give me some advice on how to get more than a 7. Also, i would really appreciate it if anyone can possibly share some resources teachers have shared that could help me.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
For literature make sure u know ur quote from the books u are reading, then link it to theme, knowing context of the book really boost ur grade.
For language make sure u can do both paper, especially questions 5 as it about half.
For both English practice spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Lastly do exam papers then give it to ur teachers to mark and ask for feedback.
I hope u get the grade u want to. Goodluck
Reply 2
Original post by vars an
Hello all! I am going into year 11 in two weeks. In my mocks i got the following:
English literature Eduqas - 5
English language Eduqas - 6

When i asked my teacher to put me down for the extra revision club (only for those that got 4s and below) he said no as my results were “good enough to pass”. But i don’t just want to pass, i wast to do good. So i was wondering if anyone else out there is doing the same exam board as me and could give me some advice on how to get more than a 7. Also, i would really appreciate it if anyone can possibly share some resources teachers have shared that could help me.

what texts do you study for english LIT - i got a grade 9 in both lit and lang i dont know if i can be useful considering i did aqa but would grade 9 example essays (which include a level ideas like the ID, EGO and Superego) and like revision resources based on characters and themes and links throughout the plays//texts be useful.
Original post by user1787
what texts do you study for english LIT - i got a grade 9 in both lit and lang i dont know if i can be useful considering i did aqa but would grade 9 example essays (which include a level ideas like the ID, EGO and Superego) and like revision resources based on characters and themes and links throughout the plays//texts be useful.

Hey! I would love to get the grade 9 essay! They would definitely help, despite not being the same exam board. I am doing A Christmas Carol, Inspector calls and Romeo and Juliet.
Reply 4
Original post by vars an
Hey! I would love to get the grade 9 essay! They would definitely help, despite not being the same exam board. I am doing A Christmas Carol, Inspector calls and Romeo and Juliet.

Hey, so out of them i only did a christmas carol unfortunately but i do still have grade 9 stuff for it. Also, i'm not sure what poetry you do in your anthology but i did like London and Ozymandias and had really good essays and annotations for them to. (30/30 stuff)
But lmk if you want me to put it on here or not because of plagiarism if you use it in your exam....
Reply 5
I got 30/30 on my macbeth essay, i can give u a load

Quick Reply

Latest