The Student Room Group

How to talk to females.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louieja
again, no one was telling you about their sexual activites, he was just asking for some advice on how to talk to girls, not for any sex tips. and people can have sex with strangers and care about them, what makes you think that?

I gave him advice

That's illogical.
Reply 41
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I gave him advice

That's illogical.

how is it illogical.

and u didnt give him advice, you said sentences at him that didnt help his situation, thats not advice. thats preaching
Original post by louieja
how is it illogical.

and u didnt give him advice, you said sentences at him that didnt help his situation, thats not advice. thats preaching

My first post has all the advice he needs.

If he wants to talk to a female all he has to do is say hello to them. None of this flirting stuff

You don't know them. I don't care about people I don't know.
Reply 43
My first post has all the advice he needs.

If he wants to talk to a female all he has to do is say hello to them. None of this flirting stuff

You don't know them. I don't care about people I don't know.

your first post has none of the advice he needs. he wants advice on how to talk to females in order to be more than friends, you have not provided this. he knows how to talk to women in a non-flirty way, hes not an idiot, he can talk to people.

this whole time youve seemed to think that you have the moral highground, but then end by saying that you dont care about people you dont know, thats not very nice. i care about people i dont know, so hahaha i win
Original post by louieja
your first post has none of the advice he needs. he wants advice on how to talk to females in order to be more than friends, you have not provided this. he knows how to talk to women in a non-flirty way, hes not an idiot, he can talk to people.

this whole time youve seemed to think that you have the moral highground, but then end by saying that you dont care about people you dont know, thats not very nice. i care about people i dont know, so hahaha i win

My thread isn't about talking to females to become more than friends. My thread is about talking to females to become friends

There's no reason for me to care about strangers, they're not people in my life. I only care about people I don't know if someone I know knows them.
Reply 45
My thread isn't about talking to females to become more than friends. My thread is about talking to females to become friends

There's no reason for me to care about strangers, they're not people in my life. I only care about people I don't know if someone I know knows them.

oh **** sorry mate, i was well confused there. i thought some guy started a thread asking how to talk to girls and then you came in with some **** advice, didnt know u started the thread. why did you start this thread then?

people that do not care for people they do not know are not nice people. you should care about all people, i imagine you are not very nice in real life. and im pretty sure youve contradicted yourself somewhere cos you said you should only talk to a girl you care about, but that you dont care about strangers, so how can you ever make new friends?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by louieja
oh **** sorry mate, i was well confused there. i thought some guy started a thread asking how to talk to girls and then you came in with some **** advice, didnt know u started the thread. why did you start this thread then?

people that do not care for people they do not know are not nice people. you should care about all people, i imagine you are not very nice in real life. and im pretty sure youve contradicted yourself somewhere cos you said you should only talk to a girl you care about, but that you dont care about strangers, so how can you ever make new friends?

it's fine.

If I develop a connection with someone I will care about them.
Reply 47
Original post by Anonymous
it's fine.

If I develop a connection with someone I will care about them.

but you dont talk to people you dont care about, so how do you ever get to care about them
Depends on the context.
Reply 49
I'm confused. Are you asking for advice on how to talk to women?

You talk to them the way you would expect to be talked to if a woman approached you someday. Just TALK to her and see if you pick up any good vibes.

If you're a chilled out person then try and have a chilled out conversation with her. Talk about something stupid, it's really up to you and what your interests are and the topics of conversation you find easy to discuss. The reason people get friend-zoned is because they're too slow to show the girl that they like her.

If you want a quick f*ck then I can't help you. If you're looking for a woman then don't f*ck around cause the women that respect themselves and will treat you the way you want to be treated can very easily differentiate fake vs real men.

Keywords: men. fake. vagina.

EDIT:

I just realised that you may also be asking on how to talk to females in general, like in a friendly context. If you have issues with that, then I recommend you work on your confidence. Do what makes you happy and then try talking to women. Just give everyone a smile and you'll get smiles back. Some will give you dirty looks, and those are either taken/people you wanna stay the hell away from lol.
Approach a female as she is a human.

Do not talk to her becuase you think she's physically appealing. She's not an object.

Do not talk to her becuase you want her to be your girlfriend.. She doesn't own you anything.

Talk to her becuase she is another human. That's how you make friends.

Would you like to know what I get for this approach... Every single ****** time? "We're just friends/good friends/really close friends" or "I'd rather just be friends" - the cocky moron next to me though will get somewhere with his stupid chat up lines or going round treating women like little tick boxes on a list. Something I refuse todo.todo, I've been told to just adopt this method but I refuse. Although I think I've missed your point and you might have been asking just how to speak to them? I'm not sure in what context but "Hello, how are you?"Is generally a safe introduction lol
(edited 8 years ago)

Do not talk to her becuase you think she's physically appealing. She's not an object.

Do not talk to her becuase you want her to be your girlfriend.. She doesn't own you anything.

Oh. You again :colonhash:
Original post by extermin8or
Would you like to know what I get for this approach... Every single ****** time? "We're just friends/good friends/really close friends" or "I'd rather just be friends" - the cocky moron next to me though will get somewhere with his stupid chat up lines or going round treating women like little tick boxes on a list. Something I refuse todo.todo, I've been told to just adopt this method but I refuse. Although I think I've missed your point and you might have been asking just how to speak to them? I'm not sure in what context but "Hello, how are you?"Is generally a safe introduction lol

:laugh: Sooo sick of men comparing women to the rats in pubs and clubs and at parties. In that situation and environment where there is direct and vigilant competition, yes: you are going home alone if you don't approach a female who's probably drunk off her head and looking to get hit on chatted up and picked up anyway :rolleyes:

if you actually stuck to normal women in normal situations like work or campus or the library or a chance meeting during an errand or a bookshop, etc then going up to her like it's the bar certainly will not get you anywhere :yy:

Here's some better advice:

do whatever the **** you want unless it's illegal.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
:laugh: Sooo sick of men comparing women to the rats in pubs and clubs and at parties. In that situation and environment where there is direct and vigilant competition, yes: you are going home alone if you don't approach a female who's probably drunk off her head and looking to get hit on chatted up and picked up anyway :rolleyes:

if you actually stuck to normal women in normal situations like work or campus or the library or a chance meeting during an errand or a bookshop, etc then going up to her like it's the bar certainly will not get you anywhere :yy:

Thing is I'm not even referring exclusively to in clubs and pubs etc..... Although how else you meet girls most of the time at uni unless it's a house party because randomly walking up to a girl as she's minding her own business around campus also seems presumptious and kinda rude/invasion of her privacy it's not like when they are on a night out and should expect some attention she's just minding her own business.... So what woukd you suggest?! (also idk about anyone else but asking someone out when you literally have what they look like to go on just doesn't seem right either.. Rather know them abit/ their personality which leads round to same situation... -_- apparently when I ignore/overcome my slight social awkwardness I'm just ttoo friendly a person or something... Lol)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by s1993b
tell her she has nice eyebrows.

Even if she has a bush growing there that is thicker than yours:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extermin8or
Thing is I'm not even referring exclusively to in clubs and pubs etc..... Although how else you meet girls most of the time at uni unless it's a house party because randomly walking up to a girl as she's minding her own business around campus also seems presumptious and kinda rude/invasion of her privacy it's not like when they are on a night out and should expect some attention she's just minding her own business.... So what woukd you suggest?! (also idk about anyone else but asking someone out when you literally have what they look like to go on just doesn't seem right either.. Rather know them abit/ their personality which leads round to same situation... -_- apparently when I ignore/overcome my slight social awkwardness I'm just ttoo friendly a person or something... Lol)

I really abhor how you type so I stopped reading at "presumptuous." Which you spelled so incorrectly.

Yes. Believe it or not, people meet others all the time outside of bars :h:

if not, then no wonder the divorce rate is where it is.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Oh. You again :colonhash:

What have I done?
Original post by iAmanze
Why would you want to make female friends as a straight guy.....?

(aside from knowing she has a friend you're into or for networking/business reasons).

Offering yourself to be her emotional tampon whilst being sexually frustrated is not worth it by stretch of the imagination.

'Her emotional tampon' loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
What have I done?

:curious::curious::curious::curious::curious::curious::curious:

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! WHY are you in anon?! :facepalm:

I already quoted you! You're MyLittlePlusle WHY?! WHY have you posted as anon?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending