The Student Room Group

Psychology A AQA AS/UNIT 2 HELP PLEASE!!

Hi Guys,

I really felt with unit 1 psychology I had a really clear structure of everything which I needed to know.. however with unit 2 I don't feel I have a clear structure. Obviously I know the main topics are stress, social influence and abnormality, I'm just worried of leaving something out and not revising it!

If someone could outline to me what I need to know in which topic I'd be really grateful!!!
Reply 1
STRESS:

The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)

Stress related illness and the immune system.

Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.

Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.

Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.

Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.

Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.

Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.

Social influence in everyday life.

Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.

How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.

Biological approaches to Psychopathy.

Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.

Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.

Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/as-and-a-level/psychology-a-2180/past-papers-and-mark-schemes)
Reply 2
Original post by BLevers
STRESS:

The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)

Stress related illness and the immune system.

Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.

Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.

Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.

Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.

Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.

Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.

Social influence in everyday life.

Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.

How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.

Biological approaches to Psychopathy.

Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.

Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.

Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/as-and-a-level/psychology-a-2180/past-papers-and-mark-schemes)

Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by izzymoors
Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a problem!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending