The Student Room Group

A2 EdexcelDrama and Theatre Studies Unit 4 - Tips on revising and creating a concept!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vkitty
Hiya!

I'm doing exactly the same as you guys on the thread, Section A/B Lysistrata, and Section C Othello. I saw Frantic Assembly's production of Othello twice, and literally it is an outstanding show :smile:

What are you guys doing for your own interpretation? I'm doing gang wars. I'm way more worried about section A/B, in my mocks I've been doing considerably better in Othello. I think mocks and practice questions are really beneficial. I done an answer for Othello that scored 30/30 and my teacher is a very critical marker. My Lysistrata essays have been much weaker, like 13/15 marks out of 30.
Very difficult to revise for! Just technique

Hi sorry, I know this is from a whole ago bit I am doing exactly the same as you! As in lysistrata, gang wars concept and frantic aseemblys othello!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Could someone help me out please....I was going to plan out my answer for section B as there is normally a broad question where you can talk about any design element, but in June 2013 this one-- supposedly the "broad question" As a director, outline and justify your approach to a production of the play with particular reference to one key element of its original performance context.... What does it mean by one key element? As in one design element or socio cultural factor or...
Does anyone know if we write a Introduction and conclusion for Section B? I assume we do in Section C :smile:
Hey Yolandy,

I done that question for my mock exam. It just means talk about one drama element. Meaning, set, staging, lights etc. ONE of them :-)

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey KimonoMyHouse,

As far as my knowledge goes, we done need to do an introduction or conclusion for section B. However, like you mentioned, it should be included for section C :-)

FZ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who is doing OTHELLO BY FRANTIC ASSEMBLY for Section C, AND would like to trade 1000 words notes (as it helps us both as we're gaining more knowledge and insight into different areas of the performance we saw)

Inbox me or post it on this thread and send your notes over and I'll do the same ☺️ Hopefully we can all benefit from this. As teachers aren't helping much, we might aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kind of grades are people getting in practice essays? Does anyone else find that there's a certain way of writing? Its kind of more simplistic than you think it needs to be, does that make any sense to anyone? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, with LYSISTRATA, what would people write if it was about a character in particular? Like calonice for example? For section b that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting B's and a few A's. But that's because the questions I've done have been decent. I've seen other questions and couldn't answer it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentFZ
I'm getting B's and a few A's. But that's because the questions I've done have been decent. I've seen other questions and couldn't answer it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! That really scares me :') all the ones I've done have been basically on how you aim to help an audience understand it, or how the director did for section c, or the staging or the practitioner influences
My teacher has a feeling the reconciliation scene is going to come up for lysistrata

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which pages in the reconciliation scene from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone be willing to help with rehearsal technique examples?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, another question. Can the 1000 words for Section C and the annotated script for Section A and B contain typed words? Or do they have to be handwritten?

(Again, asked this in the other thread too, but just in case)
My 1000 words for Section C is going to be typed up. As for Section A and B, I'm not too sure. I was about to include sections of things typed up, anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is any one doing Antigone for section c.

and any predictions for c???
I have come to the conclusion that I'm fooked for the exam. I have Accounting 4 in the afternoon and so I've done pretty much nothing in the past few days.
Are your research logs for (C) typed or written? Also, how in depth are you annotating your respective scripts?
Reply 36
Original post by Yolandy
Could someone help me out please....I was going to plan out my answer for section B as there is normally a broad question where you can talk about any design element, but in June 2013 this one-- supposedly the "broad question" As a director, outline and justify your approach to a production of the play with particular reference to one key element of its original performance context.... What does it mean by one key element? As in one design element or socio cultural factor or...

Elements are symbols, characterisation/dramatic forms ( so acting)
Reply 37
Hi. I'm also sitting the exam tomorrow, and I'm happy to help anyone that may need it, just message me. I'm doing Lysistrata for Section A/B, and Frantic Assembly's Othello for Section C. I also love Woyzeck, so might be able to help if anyone is really desperate...

Original post by StudentFZ
My 1000 words for Section C is going to be typed up. As for Section A and B, I'm not too sure. I was about to include sections of things typed up, anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from your 1000 words, no other printed material is allowed to be taken into the exam, so I'd suggest not typing notes for Section A/B.
Reply 38
Original post by antpap
Hi. I'm also sitting the exam tomorrow, and I'm happy to help anyone that may need it, just message me. I'm doing Lysistrata for Section A/B, and Frantic Assembly's Othello for Section C. I also love Woyzeck, so might be able to help if anyone is really desperate...

Apart from your 1000 words, no other printed material is allowed to be taken into the exam, so I'd suggest not typing notes for Section A/B.

Hey I'm doing Lysistrata and Otherllo - whats your lysistrata concept?
Reply 39
Original post by Fabpc14
Hey I'm doing Lysistrata and Otherllo - whats your lysistrata concept?

It's an immersive piece.Using some elements of the original conditions - natural lighting mainly, having the chours sing and dance. And it also has modern twists. A cube, acting as the Skene, is the only set. etc.

Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending