The Student Room Group

Altercation with bouncers...police called

Right, basically on Friday night I was out with work colleagues I got kicked out the bar for going on the dancefloor with a drink (ridiculous I know) by the bouncers...anyways cut a long story short I spat at one of them (which was caught on CCTV) however I was then restrained and kicked in the head several times before the police were called (however this was out of range of the CCTV) anyways the police didn't charge me with anything and I never went to the police station, however they said it could be passed to the procurator fiscal to decide. Any advice on what could happen and what I could be potentially charged with if it went to court.

I have no previous criminal convictions and my colleagues are willing to give statements although I'm not sure how much they saw.

I went to the hospital and got checked out and believe I had minor concussion from the kicking (but as I said there's no cctv proof as they moved me away from the door)
You shouldn't have spat at the bouncer, but I'm sure you already know that.

I was being carried out of a club once by a very aggressive bouncer - he put his thumb in my mouth so I bit him. The police were called and they took me in, interviewed me the next day and I basically admitted to it (nothing was ever done about the fact that he had his hands in my mouth in the first place) so as to avoid going to court. I was given a warning and nothing came of it.

I highly doubt it'll go any further so stop worrying. Just maybe avoid that club from now on...
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhaworth
You shouldn't have spat at the bouncer, but I'm sure you already know that.

I was being carried out of a club once by a very aggressive bouncer - he put his thumb in my mouth so I bit him. The police were called and they took me in, interviewed me the next day and I basically admitted to it (nothing was ever done about the fact that he had his hands in my mouth in the first place) so as to avoid going to court. I was given a warning and nothing came of it.

I highly doubt it'll go any further so stop worrying. Just maybe avoid that club from now on...

Yeah i completley agree I was in the wrong for doing that, its quite disgusting really.

I said i had done it and its caught on CCTV, the police could have arrested me there and then but they did say it would most likely be a fine that i recieved if anything!

Thanks alot for you input however, has put me at ease
Sounds like an unfortunate situation, obviously spitting at him was a bit silly but I'm the master of doing stupid things after a few drinks so I completely understand. I reckon you'll be fine, if the Police didn't do anything at the time then I don't imagine they'll bother now. They probably said what they said just to worry you a little bit, I guess if you've got this threat of getting into trouble hanging over you then you're less likely to do anything silly in the near future. Just keep your head down I guess. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending