The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

*waves at jonny* :p:

don't worry everyone, just applying to cambridge and getting this far is a huge achievement in itself! I'm sure that no matter what the result, you'll feel better and relieved about it all this time tomorrow.

Hopefully that being because you get an offer from Downing :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
black-eyed angel
*waves at jonny* :p:

don't worry everyone, just applying to cambridge and getting this far is a huge achievement in itself! I'm sure that no matter what the result, you'll feel better and relieved about it all this time tomorrow.

Hopefully that being because you get an offer from Downing :biggrin:

Thanks for the encouragement! What do you study?

I'm NOT going to ask you any more about Cambridge or Downing, because I'm trying desperately not to set my heart on the place :frown:
No worries :smile: when I think about the state I got myself in this time last year, it's just like blergh! I remember trying to get to sleep watching disney dvds and getting through about 5 of them, then I assaulted the postman in the morning :biggrin: Knowing about TSR back then would have been nice.

I'm a law student. Aw, well if you do get an offer, feel free to ask me all you want :smile: Congrats on your other offers too, Imperial, niceee.
Excalibur
Thanks for the encouragement! What do you study?

I'm NOT going to ask you any more about Cambridge or Downing, because I'm trying desperately not to set my heart on the place :frown:

I know...I'm the same. I deliberately didn't look around Downing on my interview day, for fear of the same thing...:frown:
Reply 184
I'm at work tomorrow so I won't get it (if it even comes tomorrow) until 7.00 PM - this is gonna be tough :p: good luck everyone.
Reply 185
danfel
I'm at work tomorrow so I won't get it (if it even comes tomorrow) until 7.00 PM - this is gonna be tough :p: good luck everyone.

Oh no that sounds like torture :frown:

I'm planning on ripping through some past maths papers 'til I fall asleep tonight I think!
No Downing responses yet, eh?

I'm still waiting for my wretched postman :frown:
Reply 188
Nothing for me... still at work. Planning to call my parents at lunchtime though to see if anything has come through. Am expecting the worst :frown:
My post's come and gone...nothing :rolleyes:
Reply 190
Okay folks, I was bloody rejected today (Or was it some time ago). Disappointed but not shaken. This might sound selfish but I would like to know asap if Excalibur, htid and me can make imperial buddies next year........
Laforet
Okay folks, I was bloody rejected today (Or was it some time ago). Disappointed but not shaken. This might sound selfish but I would like to know asap if Excalibur, htid and me can make imperial buddies next year........

Well, in the likely event of a rejection (or perhaps more likely, being in the auto-pool....) I will probably be going to Imperial :smile: What are you going to study there?

Am currently going through the Imperial accommodation site to *try* and get my mind off this darn post.
Reply 192
My friend has applied to Downing and has had nothing in the post this morning! Were the letters sent out 2nd class perhaps? Think her interview letter was 2nd class...
Stigette
My friend has applied to Downing and has had nothing in the post this morning! Were the letters sent out 2nd class perhaps? Think her interview letter was 2nd class...

Well, according to camdon (a Cambridge tutor apparently) they were all stamped 1st class and posted on the 2nd. So it's likely that it's just a coincidence that most Downing applicants haven't heard yet!
Stigette

Maybe Downing's severely underfunded :p:
Ha, I'm in two minds whether to phone the admissions office right now and demand to know whether the decision letters were sent by 1st class. :p:
Excalibur
Well, according to camdon (a Cambridge tutor apparently) they were all stamped 1st class and posted on the 2nd. So it's likely that it's just a coincidence that most Downing applicants haven't heard yet!

Indeed. I wouldn't worry about it, just a bit annoying really when you want to be put out of your misery!

I'm going to stop procrastinating and go do some work now. Good luck everyone, i really hope you all get offers :smile:

xxx
AHHHHHHHH.

The post just came..... three letters.... NONE from Downing!!!

They can't put me through this torture until tomorrow!!!!

Same here... post man just walked straight past!!.. hope it comes tomorrow
Dear Lord, it's not even funny anymore!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending