The Student Room Group

Cambridge Hurt/Heal

Just curious whether there is anyone else here who managed to meet the academic conditions of their offer, but in the end was still unable to go to Cambridge due to financial considerations?

If so, how did you manage to cope?
Original post by Anonymous
Just curious whether there is anyone else here who managed to meet the academic conditions of their offer, but in the end was still unable to go to Cambridge due to financial considerations?

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear this is the case. I would recommend you contact the College you are holding an offer with to discuss your circumstances. They may be able to reassure you with regards to the affordability of Cambridge, or point you in the right direction for financial support.
Reply 2
Original post by Pembroke Rep
Hello there. I'm sorry to hear this is the case. I would recommend you contact the College you are holding an offer with to discuss your circumstances. They may be able to reassure you with regards to the affordability of Cambridge, or point you in the right direction for financial support.

Hi, thanks for the reply! This would be extremely hard for me as I am an international student. But regardless, I'm still glad that Cambridge was willing to give me a chance.
Hi, thanks for the reply! This would be extremely hard for me as I am an international student. But regardless, I'm still glad that Cambridge was willing to give me a chance.

Hi, if you haven’t already turned down the offer, I would highly highly recommend emailing or calling the college you have an offer from. I just spoke to someone from my college (I know it can differ depending on what college you’re with) but the advice they gave was amazing, and Cambridge really does seem so so so supportive. It’s worth speaking to them before deciding not to go, you might be surprised at the help they can offer, I know I was! :smile:

I'm afraid nearly all universities in the UK are very largely funded (in their academic purposes) by government, eg taxpayer funding. This means that support for UK students operates on a very different level from overseas applicants, for whom there is no obligation and little impulse for the state to support. Have you exhaustively explored scholarships and support from your own country?
Reply 5
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hi, if you haven’t already turned down the offer, I would highly highly recommend emailing or calling the college you have an offer from. I just spoke to someone from my college (I know it can differ depending on what college you’re with) but the advice they gave was amazing, and Cambridge really does seem so so so supportive. It’s worth speaking to them before deciding not to go, you might be surprised at the help they can offer, I know I was! :smile:

Thanks! Out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?
Thanks! Out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?

Law :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending