Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
grats! I got an offer for maths
Original post by Superdjman1
how did everybody do?

They regret that due to high competition my application was unsuccessful

So much better than being rejected
I've noticed that the couse I applied for - vet medicine - is now on extra and im considering reapplying, obviously I'm going to call the university (and possibly college as well) and ask wheter it is worth it but I was wondering what people thought were and if anyone had gotten in on extra?
Original post by zorsefoal
I've noticed that the couse I applied for - vet medicine - is now on extra and im considering reapplying, obviously I'm going to call the university (and possibly college as well) and ask wheter it is worth it but I was wondering what people thought were and if anyone had gotten in on extra?

It isn't. Cambridge doesn't do Extra.

Any Cambridge courses listed are an "error". When you contact any college you will be told there are no places.
(edited 7 years ago)
i want to medicine and downing and will be applying this october. I heard some of you got offers from downing... is there any tips you can give or insights you have learnt that you didn't know before applying.
i want to medicine and downing and will be applying this october. I heard some of you got offers from downing can you tell me about your interview and maybe your GCSE grades and BMAT scores going in
are there any people who got offers for law at downing?
Hello, I am a prospective AMES applicant at Downing.

Anyone got any knowledge about anything that might help?
I anyone else going for English at Downing?

If so I'd love to get in touch with someone to chat about it!
Original post by EmzLordy
I anyone else going for English at Downing?

If so I'd love to get in touch with someone to chat about it!

You can add yourself to the Cambridge "stalking" sheet here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5012928

:smile:
I got an interview invite for HSPS at Downing! Anyone else about?
Original post by xBasedChris
I got an interview invite for HSPS at Downing! Anyone else about?

Congrats on your interview! I applied to Downing for Linguistics but I'm still refreshing my emails waiting for something...anything!
Original post by hoshinosky
Congrats on your interview! I applied to Downing for Linguistics but I'm still refreshing my emails waiting for something...anything!

Downing sent me a letter, I haven't had an email about my interview, except one about accommodation overnight. I don't imagine it varies from subject to subject.
Downing sent me a letter, I haven't had an email about my interview, except one about accommodation overnight. I don't imagine it varies from subject to subject.

Oh right, I guess that helps (the refresh button particularly)

congrats on the interview, did the letter have any forms to fill in or was it just 'you've been invited to interview'? applying for engineering and im absolutely bricking it
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
congrats on the interview, did the letter have any forms to fill in or was it just 'you've been invited to interview'? applying for engineering and im absolutely bricking it

There were no forms that I had to fill in, though there was one to fill in if your home address or email was going to change before January; which I imagine does not apply to many people.

In the envelope I got the following:
A letter notifying me of the interview with the dates, times, and location of the interview, as well as the names of the interviewers.
A map of Downing College
The above form
A pack describing what they're looking for
A schedule for my time there

Good luck! Check Discover Downing on Twitter, it says when letters have been sent for different subjects.
Oh right, I guess that helps (the refresh button particularly)

F5 buttons across Britain fear the dreaded Oxbridge interview period!

I'd suggest you check Discover Downing on Twitter or FB, it updates when letters have been sent for different subjects :smile:

Don't worry I'm waiting on MML, and the interviews for it are 2 weeks today...it's driving me mad!
Original post by sunny181113
Don't worry I'm waiting on MML, and the interviews for it are 2 weeks today...it's driving me mad!

Don't worry they'll come through soon!

Apparently they're coming by post :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending