The Student Room Group

ICT OCR G061 2015 June 1st

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
What did you guys write for the 6 mark Database question?

Not sure if what i wrote was correct, i listed loads of features of the software such as forms, and reports etc...also meantioned lots of terms like primary key, fields, records etc
Reply 181
Original post by benwick
so i got 73/80 for the coursework, and had enough time left in the exam to predict i got a minimum of 93/120 (counting the last Q as 9 marks, but it could be incorrect) so that would come out as an A right? its tighter than i'd have hoped :frown:

Its so easy to drop marks, I counted 90 last year and got a U lol. Im hoping for a C getting an A is hard

It depends on three things:

1) The person who marks your paper
2) The Grade boundaries
3) How lenient the mark scheme (Not usually that lenient bar the last question)
Reply 182
Original post by Mike_7
What did you guys write for the 6 mark Database question?

Not sure if what i wrote was correct, i listed loads of features of the software such as forms, and reports etc...also meantioned lots of terms like primary key, fields, records etc

I talked about how they can validated and the use of relationships and querys can be searched with primary keys
Reply 183
Original post by benwick
i sincerely hope you are right! if it is considered right I could almost guarantee 11 marks there because i'm normally so strong at them but i'm kicking myself that i didn't read it properly :frown:

Hopefully your teacher is good, last year we had a teacher who marked all our coursework at an A and I opened it up on results day and it was barely a C which really annoyed me, Got 14 marks deducted :/
Original post by S345k
Its so easy to drop marks, I counted 90 last year and got a U lol. Im hoping for a C getting an A is hard

2) The Grade boundaries

don't you'll make me worry!!

gonna turn this off now cos you guys are making me doubt myself :wink: hope you all did amazing and good luck for any other exams you got coming up :smile:
Was the 11mark question future development s?
Exam was good! But I'm thinking the grade boundries are going to be high!
Last question I wrote about barcode scanners on devices, virtual models and virtual walkthroughs with holographic images and smellovision. Hopefully we all did well!

I know for sure that I got the invoicing question wrong! What did people write for it? I think the question was describe three characteristics of invoicing systems!

The only bad question on the paper...in my opinion!
Original post by S345k

2) The Grade boundaries

Well hopefully our examiners are in a good mood and want to find the most marks as possible!!!
How did you guys draw the ERD for stock, supplier, customer and invoice ? I did many to one for stock - supplier and one to many for customer - invoice

Was that right?
Original post by Arsenal.FC
Exam was good! But I'm thinking the grade boundries are going to be high!
Last question I wrote about barcode scanners on devices, virtual models and virtual walkthroughs with holographic images and smellovision. Hopefully we all did well!

I know for sure that I got the invoicing question wrong! What did people write for it? I think the question was describe three characteristics of invoicing systems!

The only bad question on the paper...in my opinion!

Wasn't the last question the impact on ICT and buying plants online. Not FUTURE impact, therefore Smellovision and Holographic Images is completely off topic? The question hinted at things already available I'm sure.
Original post by -jordan-
Wasn't the last question the impact on ICT and buying plants online. Not FUTURE impact, therefore Smellovision and Holographic Images is completely off topic? The question hinted at things already available I'm sure.

Sh**!
Serious! I though it said impacts and future developments!
OH NO!
Now I'm stressed!
Original post by S345k
Its a very ambigious question tbh , I would think so you would get marks as The last question is usually about future developments. I did 3d printing because it can be classed as both a current and future development as I wasn't sure

I'm not sure on this because there are two separate points listed on the specification for the 11 marker: Impacts on ICT and FUTURE impacts on ICT.
Original post by S345k
What did everyone do for input-processing-output diagram I did

Input- The customer Details - Process (Cant remember what I put)- Process (System makes decision)-
Output (If correct invoice is created) and another output is (If declined sent an email) and than underneath the output where it is accepted I put the storage (It is written into the diary)

Not sure that's spot on..

input - customer enters details, yes

Process (storage below) - appointment ok? send email / store appointment Appointment bad? send email / do not store appointment

output - send emails, if okay or not.

feedback loop "to customer" all the way back to input is what I did... hmm

http://www.cpanel.stpaulsscience.org/gceict/specifications/wjec/unit1/data/process/loop.jpg
Original post by Paddythed

Process (storage below) - appointment ok? send email / store appointment Appointment bad? send email / do not store appointment

http://www.cpanel.stpaulsscience.org/gceict/specifications/wjec/unit1/data/process/loop.jpg

The feedback is only required if the system is designed to continue in a cycle where the output feeds back in as an input. This was not the case with what they gave us. The only output was the email, which cannot possibly be an input given it was a form.

My teacher said it goes:

Input - User enters data
Processing - Check in the diary if the booking is available.
If it is available:
Output - Send email confirming
Storage - Store in the diary
If it isn't available:
Output - Send email declining
(edited 8 years ago)
The feedback is only required if the system is designed to continue in a cycle where the output feeds back in as an input. This was not the case with what they gave us. The only output was the email, which cannot possibly be an input given it was a form.

My teacher said it goes:

Input - User enters data
Processing - Check in the diary if the booking is available.
If it is available:
Output - Send email confirming
Storage - Store in the diary
If it isn't available:
Output - Send email declining

Assuming I'll get the rest of the marks then!
For the 11 marker I put:
E-commerce packages can be configured easily with wizards to allow the gardening company to setup an online shop-

Positive: Allows customers to easily compare and find the products they want online in their home with ease-

Negative: Organisation needs to increase security to ensure customer data isn't stolen or misused by cyber criminals.

Mobile apps allow people to shop from anyway-

Positive: People can shop from anywhere in the world and buy the plants from wherever quickly-

Negative: Businesses feel inclined to develop an app in the changing world and not all businesses feel comfortable adopting this technology

Price comparison websites-

Positive: Allows the customer to compare between plants by price, location, and seller and find the best price. Allows the organisation to compete.-

Negative: Companies may loose revenue if they do not appear on price comparison websites because it is becoming an ever more popular way to shop.Not sure about my negative points. I talked about businesses more than customers. What do you think?

Also for the question on hardware/software for the visually impaired, I put:
- Speaker - To work with text-to-speech software to convert the text on screen into spoken language so it's easier to interpret what is happening on screen
- Puff-suck switch - Makes it easy to control the computer if the visually impaired cannot use a mouse/keyboard.

Software:
- Text-to-speech software (Reasons cited above)
- Magnifier - Make the text bigger on screen and more easier to read for those with partial sight.
Will I get the marks here?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 196
F
Original post by Paddythed

Yeah it didnt ask for feedback, yeah dropped a mark for the storage bit forgot about that it said it would be written into diary so there are two storages
Reply 197
[QUOTE="-jordan-;56436179"]For the 11 marker I put:
E-commerce packages can be configured easily with wizards to allow the gardening company to setup an online shop-

Positive: Allows customers to easily compare and find the products they want online in their home with ease-

Negative: Organisation needs to increase security to ensure customer data isn't stolen or misused by cyber criminals.

Positive: People can shop from anywhere in the world and buy the plants from wherever quickly-

Negative: Businesses feel inclined to develop an app in the changing world and not all businesses feel comfortable adopting this technology

Positive: Allows the customer to compare between plants by price, location, and seller and find the best price. Allows the organisation to compete.-

Negative: Companies may loose revenue if they do not appear on price comparison websites because it is becoming an ever more popular way to shop.Not sure about my negative points. I talked about businesses more than customers. What do you think?

- Speaker - To work with text-to-speech software to convert the text on screen into spoken language so it's easier to interpret what is happening on screen
- Puff-suck switch - Makes it easy to control the computer if the visually impaired cannot use a mouse/keyboard.

Software:
- Magnifier - Make the text bigger on screen and more easier to read for those with partial sight.
Will I get the marks here?[/QUOTE

Yes you would, i was gonna say magnifer but then i thought it was for blind ppl but it makes sense said sticky keys which was dumb from me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 198
For the 11 marker I put:

Software:
Will I get the marks here?

You would get 6 marks for the 11 marker you only spoke about advantages and disadvantages and not long and short term impacts

Software:
Will I get the marks here?[/QUOTE

Yes you would, i was gonna say magnifer but then i thought it was for blind ppl but it makes sense said sticky keys which was dumb from me

Visually impaired doesn't necessarily mean FULL loss of sight. I also used magnifier, for those with partial or poor sight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending