The Student Room Group

Male Living With Females In Houseshare? Bad Idea?

Basically I am taking a year out of an average routine and am going to go for a student share sort of accommodation before I go to Uni in a different town.

I have a few friends in Uni and a few that are living similar to what I plan. Basically a house share with 4/5 people in it. I have found an ideal house with 1 male (who I think is gay) and 3 females, I'd be the only other male there.

My A LOT of male friends seem to discourage this heavily! The thing is, its a fairly well priced room, nice house and it is clean. But I perhaps it may be awkward if they all fancied me and this caused a serious issue (although I am well up for a 4 some).

But seriously, options? Guys, similar situations?
I think that generally any kinda house share will work as long as everyone is respected and has their own space, no matter what gender they are
I how it sounds really wishy washy, but just as long as you can get a long it shouldn't be a problem
I think on the fancying front it's just gotta see how it goes, personally i think it's worth the cheapness/good place
Original post by DashDotDotDash
I think that generally any kinda house share will work as long as everyone is respected and has their own space, no matter what gender they are
I how it sounds really wishy washy, but just as long as you can get a long it shouldn't be a problem
I think on the fancying front it's just gotta see how it goes, personally i think it's worth the cheapness/good place

It's coming down to either living with my friends, who are the absolute best, but not the cleanest guys in the world and I have some serious OCD when it comes to clean kitchens, so would fall out with them, and rather keep it sweet. So probably just go with the for mentioned house.
There's no reason not to. If you're like most people, you probably over-estimate the differences of girls in general compared to lads. It will probably be just as messy btw. I think this sort of experience is really good because the way society treats us just makes us so susceptible right from the get go to think that the other gender is some mythically different creature. It baffles me though how people can have half a dozen partners before they realise "oh, the opposite sex is actually entirely like my sex, they're just human too"...

It's a good learning experience and will save you money. Do it.

Hell, this is just 2 guys and 3 girls, it's not even that crazy of a scenario to imagine at all.

I knew some guy who ended up sleeping in the same apartment as 60 other girls (20 different girls each year) in the US. Basically he ended up getting into a sorority because he rented the place from some dude just before the sorority realised it accepted too many people and had to the rent the entire apartment from the dude. The dude was like "yo, I've already got some guy here, he can't leave" and the sorority was like "meh".

That guy was smart though. A sociologist, go figure. I like sociologists :biggrin:

And from what I spoke to with that guy (I spoke to him rather in depth) he'd say what I said in the first paragraph pretty much.
(edited 8 years ago)
What is there to question? Get in there! Give it a few months before you put forward the idea of a 4 some though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending