The Student Room Group

I want to date my female housemate. Is it possible?

I recently moved into a lovely house where a female friend of a friend is living. She is very kind, pretty, sociable, assertive, brilliant and easy-going. She is a Christian and music lover just as I am. She said she had never had sex and wouldn't until she got married. She also said she had many male friends with whom she had never dated. We both have long-term illnesses and so commiserate with each other a lot.

On the 2nd day of moving in, she fainted during shower and I saved her life. She was sorry for that and greeted me in my favourite restaurant, which was very heartwarming. Her smiles have made my days more wonderful than ever before, when most of my life was plagued with darkness.

And guess what? She has the same name as a girl on whom I used to have a crush. I simply have the impression that it is God's will for us to be brought together under the same roof and don't believe it is merely a coincidence, and if so, it'd be something of 1/1000000 chance.

One thing funny about her is that she said she didn't mind her body being seen by a male housemate because of her abstinence as mentioned.

Unfortunately, my sublease would only last until late summer and it is very likely she would be move out of the lovely house to pursue PhD studies, which would also end my stay there under the law. I seem to have merely half a year to do anything that may create a close relationship between us before everything may be over.

I am introvert while she is extrovert and much smarter than me (she is already writing a paper even though she has not even been accepted into any PhD yet).

I don't know if it anything is ever possible between us. I'm rather dreading the possibility of any unlucky event happening to her or ultimately having to part ways with her when the sublease ends.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Two days ago you were feeling pity for her, now you want to date her?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7437004

Suggest you concentrate on sorting yourself out before getting involved with someone else. You were waiting to see if you'd been kicked out of uni, you don't have a stable living situation, you have health issues and are rushing to take on a girl who is also seriously ill, but doesn't seem to be organised enough to take proper care of herself. Can you honestly see a future in that?
Original post by Surnia

Suggest you concentrate on sorting yourself out before getting involved with someone else. You were waiting to see if you'd been kicked out of uni, you don't have a stable living situation, you have health issues and are rushing to take on a girl who is also seriously ill, but doesn't seem to be organised enough to take proper care of herself. Can you take off the rose-tinted glasses and honestly see a future in that?

Great big yikes if this is the same poster.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Great big yikes if this is the same poster.

It is not a coincidence that all of these came to my life.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia

Suggest you concentrate on sorting yourself out before getting involved with someone else. You were waiting to see if you'd been kicked out of uni, you don't have a stable living situation, you have health issues and are rushing to take on a girl who is also seriously ill, but doesn't seem to be organised enough to take proper care of herself. Can you take off the rose-tinted glasses and honestly see a future in that?

We have too much in common. She saved me from being homeless. I saved her from being dead. Fair enough. I don't believe this is a coincidence, nor do I believe having the luck to live in the same house at an extraordinary time is something so banal that both of us should simply live like strangers until the lease ends and part ways as if nothing has ever happened. That isn't life.
Original post by Anonymous #1
We have too much in common. She saved me from being homeless. I saved her from being dead. Fair enough. I don't believe this is a coincidence, nor do I believe having the luck to live in the same house at an extraordinary time is something so banal that both of us should simply live like strangers until the lease ends and part ways as if nothing has ever happened. That isn't life.

How did you save her life?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
How did you save her life?

She fainted during shower. I suspected something wrong and forced into the bathroom to give her fresh air to wake up.
She fainted during shower. I suspected something wrong and forced into the bathroom to give her fresh air to wake up.

But how was she going to die?
Reply 8
"...kind, pretty, sociable, assertive, brilliant and easy-going." You've got all that from 2 days, part of which she spent unconscious? Have you seen the very telling factor of how she interacts with service staff?

You've actually got half a year to sort your own things out, not have a romance, because I strongly suspect you'll be back on here...
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
"...kind, pretty, sociable, assertive, brilliant and easy-going." You've got all that from 2 days, part of which she spent unconscious? Have you seen the very telling factor of how she interacts with service staff?

You've actually got half a year to sort your own things out, not have a romance, because I strongly suspect you'll be back on here...

She interacts with everyone as such. That aligns with how others describe her.
Reply 10
She interacts with everyone as such. That aligns with how others describe her.

And how much time have you spent with her and seen this in a restaurant or supermarket where she's with complete strangers?

I don't mean it ironically, but jesus.

OP: I would highly recommend that you move out as per my advice in the other thread. This woman could well do without you fantising that you have been brought together by divine intervention.

And if you're trolling that's not cool either. I've got close friends who pass out frequently due to medical conditions and they could well do without people making light of it.
Reply 13
getting really creepy vibes from this. i cant explain it but i feel like you're a terrible person
Reply 14
Original post by Ciel.
getting really creepy vibes from this. i cant explain it but i feel like you're a terrible person

"Terrible" for saving someone's life?
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia
And how much time have you spent with her and seen this in a restaurant or supermarket where she's with complete strangers?

Not just 2 days, but at least 5 days

I wouldn't have accepted her housing offer had I not had friends vouched for her

Reply 16
Original post by ageshallnot
But how was she going to die?

She was unconscious when found

The shower was fully enclosed and I had to open it manually

There's no window or exhaust fan in the bathroom since it's an old townhouse, raising the risk of CO poisoning

Reply 17
"Terrible" for saving someone's life?

im just getting this really weird dark vibe from you. i cant explain it. and she just fainted so 'saving her life' isnt really accurate
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ciel.
im just getting this really weird dark vibe from you. i cant explain it. and she just fainted so 'saving her life' isnt really accurate

She didn't faint in the hallway or on the street where she could be easily visible.

She fainted during shower in a bathroom without a window or an exhaust fan. Had I not realised something wrong and broken in, yes, she could have died.
Reply 19

She was unconscious when found

The shower was fully enclosed and I had to open it manually

There's no window or exhaust fan in the bathroom since it's an old townhouse, raising the risk of CO poisoning

How do you get CO poisoning in a shower?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending