The Student Room Group
If you are looking for a good thriller (and that is essentially what 24 is) you should have a look at Dean Koontz (Velocity) and Thomas Harris (the hannibal books).
Reply 2
If you want fast action, don't go for Robert Ludlum thrillers, they are actually remarkably slow paced and dull. Cliched though it may be, if you're looking for pace and action, then you can't go to far wrong with the Dan Brown novels - however badly and sometimes embarrassingly badly they are written!
Reply 3
I've heard that James Patterson writes books that sound like the sort of thing you'd like. Never read him myself, but a very close friend of mine is absolutely hooked on 24 (she owns all the DVDs etc) and she's always telling me about how amazing James Patterson is as an author. So, try him! :smile:
Reply 4
I've not seen Alias, but for 24-esque government agency style action thrillers, Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy are both a worthy read.
I enjoyed BioStrike by Clancy (Rainbow Six is good to but crazy long) and The Bourne series, or The Icarus Agenda by Ludlum, but I'm not a huge action fan so there may be better examples by those authors.
Reply 5
How about House of Cards by Michael Dobbs. It's not so much action, but it is a goverment agency type of thriller. Not exactly good writing but you could always try Jeffrey Archer or John Grisham.

Latest

Trending

Trending