The Student Room Group

TSR Reading Challenge 2024

Happy New Year!!!

Its been a while since we've done a reading challenge on TSR (I think the last one might have been in 2020)

The aim of the challenge is to pick a reading goal you're happy with (you can increase or decrease your goal too), and share the books you're reading along the way in this thread :smile:

Good luck!

Icebreaker questions :grouphugs:
What book(s) are you currently reading?
Did you get any books for Christmas? :xmas:
How many books are you aiming to read this year?
How many books did you read in 2023?

Scroll to see replies

Great idea! My reading goal for this yr is 200 books im a rlly fast reader haha and hv already read 2- the do over and 4th wing
I got a lot for xmas but some of my highlights were shatter me srs and 4th wing
Excited to see everyones progress!
I need to set a Goodreads goal for 2024 still I'm thinking 40 to 45 books this year, having done 52 last year but reading 40+ pages a day. I want a slightly smaller daily reading goal this year I think. (Not keen on sharing my Goodreads publicly as it's in my full actual name but if volunteers haven't got it from the HH Book Club then feel free to find it there!)

Currently I'm reading Tiny Stations by Dixe Wills, which should in theory be right up my street as travel writing involving trains, but is a bit underwhelming in reality :frown:

I got a couple of political books from my brother for Christmas and ordered some more books (mainly food history) with an Amazon voucher.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
My reading goal for this year is 36 books, I read 35 books last year. I'm currently reading Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow. I got 2 Tony Robbins books from my boyfriend this Christmas!
I'm trying to aim for 30 this year :awesome: keen to read some more after a bit of a reading slump year last year ( a grand total of maybe 2 books read...)
Sadly, I didn't get any books for Christmas :sad: but I went to a store which had a book sale earlier which I went a littttttle crazy :hide: :colondollar:
Maybe around 35 as I used to read one/two books a week during term time but since getting a different bus I stopped but I miss it so would like to start reading more.
I am currently reading Her Last Request by Mari Hannah and The Drowning Pool by Syd Moore
(edited 3 months ago)
I've just set a challenge of 25 books this year. I made a grand old mistake last year of setting a 45-book goal and then starting an epic fantasy series (The Wheel of Time) of books that are all 600+ pages :argh: I managed 18 as a result. I still have several books left in the series so don't wish to make the same mistake again!

I got two books for Christmas! I have already read one: The Book Eaters, which I highly recommend! The other is called The Gift of Rain, and I think I will start that one after I finish my current book (the 9th of The Wheel of Time).
Loving all the goals guys we got this!
Original post by ebyrne2036
Great idea! My reading goal for this yr is 200 books im a rlly fast reader haha and hv already read 2- the do over and 4th wing

I almost fainted seeing your goal! :eek:

You're all absolutely voracious and put me to shame, but I'll join in anyway to rep the slow readers!

What book(s) are you currently reading? I've just started a collection by Bernard MacLaverty, my current favourite short story writer
Did you get any books for Christmas? Only one! My sister bought me Femina by Janina Ramirez
How many books are you aiming to read this year? 14
How many books did you read in 2023? 10
Original post by Pwca

You're all absolutely voracious and put me to shame, but I'll join in anyway to rep the slow readers!

What book(s) are you currently reading? I've just started a collection by Bernard MacLaverty, my current favourite short story writer
Did you get any books for Christmas? Only one! My sister bought me Femina by Janina Ramirez

Haha im just very fast plus i dont rlly read that many long books
U got this my friend
Original post by Chronoscope

Happy New Year!!!

Its been a while since we've done a reading challenge on TSR (I think the last one might have been in 2020)

The aim of the challenge is to pick a reading goal you're happy with (you can increase or decrease your goal too), and share the books you're reading along the way in this thread :smile:

Good luck!

Icebreaker questions :grouphugs:
What book(s) are you currently reading?
Did you get any books for Christmas? :xmas:
How many books are you aiming to read this year?
How many books did you read in 2023?

Hi,
I am currently reading a court of mist and fuy by sarah j mass and tbh I kinda love it. tryna finish the whole series by next week. I dont celabrate chrismas so I didnt get any books, sad times. This year I am aiming to read 150+ books and last yr I read 123 books
Haha im just very fast plus i dont rlly read that many long books
U got this my friend

no bc im such a fast reader regardless of how long the book is and then because i read it so fast I love reading it because I find a detail that I missed the first tiem ext
Reply 12
Hi all again!

Books currently reading
Picture of Dorian Gray - about 3 chapters in. But I'm also halfway through Lockwood and Co2, halfway through Sorcery of Thorns, and halfway through Renegades. Honestly I should probably finish those first 😂

Books for Christmas
When Breath Becomes Air, Fourth Wing, Powerless, Bad Science, Fable. I've read two of these since.

Book Goal 2024
24 for 2024! Realistically I'm going to struggle for time so I think this is realistic of an average of 2 a month.

Book Count 2023
Uhhh maybe like 7? I had a HUGE book slump last year. My goal was 35 (highest I've ever done is 56), and I did not deliver 😭 Every Christmas though I get excited for it again - so I'm strategically planning out the ones I think I will love most in between the ones I might not, so I have something to look forward to if I'm currently reading a bad book 😂

The books I'm most excited for this year are Fourth Wing, King of Scars, Reckless (when it comes out), The Atlas Six and maybe I can force myself to finish HOO series with Mark of Athena

Also some of you are such fast readers - like how are you human?! Wish I had that level of commitment
U got this!
King of scars is great haha
Reply 14
Hi All!

Books Currently Reading - Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros and How to die famous by Benjamin Dean
Books for Christmas - Fourth Wing, You could be so pretty, How to die famous
Book Goal for 2024 - I'm aiming for 24 books although I've already finished 7 books, so may increase this.
Book count 2023 - I read 7, big reading slump, same amount as I've already read this year lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Grace_OB
Hi All!

Books Currently Reading - Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros and How to die famous by Benjamin Dean
Books for Christmas - Fourth Wing, You could be so pretty, How to die famous
Book Goal for 2024 - I'm aiming for 24 books although I've already finished 7 books, so may increase this.
Book count 2023 - I read 7, big reading slump, same amount as I've already read this year lol.

Seems like we’ve got similar goals! Let me know how Fourth Wing was
Hiiii. I'm planning to read 30 books this year which would be the lowest number of books I would be reading for a year. Last year I read 35 books (the lowest number of books I've read yet). I usually read about 50 books but I have been busy with my A levels. I am focusing on quality over quantity this year that's why I set only 30 books for my reading goal. I'm currently reading the burning maze by Rick Riordan (the 3rd book in the trials of Apollo series).
I'm currently more than halfway through reading The Sun and the Star by Rick Riordan, its taken a while to get into it but I'm really enjoying it now :thumbsup:
(edited 3 months ago)

200 wow that's a lot! Good luck though :awesome:
Out of curiosity, do you read all physical books or do you read any audiobooks or anything on e-readers? :smile:
Original post by Pwca

Also a slow reader! :undefined:five
(Dyslexic gang anyone?)

usually I've gone for about 20ish per year but considering I'm *hoping* to finish my third year of uni this year I'll probably be left with a load of free time after May/June that I might actually be able to use for reading for fun instead of revising :rofl: I tend to go for e-books (as I can change the font) or audiobooks :yep:
(edited 3 months ago)
Love this :gah:
Similarly to Fez, going for 40 --> 45 this year!
Am starting with Agatha Christie, super excited to finally read her novels :colondollar: only taken me forever to do so :hide:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending