The Student Room Group

My mum gets angry I'm having sex.

Scroll to see replies

You could always say to your mum that you use hormonal birth control to help with pms or something as it works in that way also
Worry not. She is only looking in your best interests. Take her words into consideration as her word is wise
Original post by Mankytoes
Well if she was saying "be careful, use condoms, don't do anything you aren't comfortable with", that would be showing she is worried to me, but saying "you're getting a reputation" is more just bitchy to me.

Personally, I prefer my families approach- just never talk about sex, pretend we all aren't doing it. I know that's the opposite of what they tell us, but it's worked for us I think.

Everything this guy said. "you'll get a reputation for putting it about." kindly remind her that it is the 21st century and having sex with your boyfriend doesn't make you a slut.
I never talk about sex with my mum. I'm 27 and live with my boyfriend. I still haven't ever told her that i've had sex.

Obviously she knows I have. Neither of us have ever brought it up and I can't say I'd ever want to

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't take your BF over your mother; you will only live to regret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
My mum's like this and I'm 26.
My mom c***blocked me until i moved out, so I told her she isn't invited to my wedding.
I think I woul explain once and once only to your mum that you are in a loving relationship, an adult and being careful and then say you are not prepared to discuss your sex life with her again and she needs to respect your privacy. I am sure she wouldn't want to tell you about her sex life or past history and nor would you want to know it.
Original post by Anna1437
I didnt. As I mentioned in an earlier post she found out by reading a text.

Oh **** well then i guess as time goes by she'll get tired of pestering u
You're 18 she reads your texts, tells you you can't study in Manchester and is getting involved in your sex life. She seems pretty controlling maybe you need to stand up to her a bit.
Your mum sounds like a nightmare. It is one thing being concerned about your personal life, but no need to try make you feel bad about having sex with your boyfriend.
My mum gets really angry Im having sex with my boyfriend. I am 18 and we are in a serious relationship. Its not even like I was a virgin when I met him as Id had one previous partner. She says Im too young amd he will lose respect for me and Ill get a reputation for putting it about as he isnt my 1st. I respectshe wouldnt want me to do it in her house so we always do it at his and we are sensible about it so I dont really see the issue. I dont want it to become an argument but in my opinion I am an adult in a commited relationship with someone who respects and cares about me. How do I explain this to her without causing an argument.

Believe me girl, she's your mom and she knows was best for you, she is older than you so that means she has more experience in relationships than you.

And who told you because you'r 18 you'r good to make your own decisions?, infact at the age 20 we still make mistakes. SHE KNOWS WHAT BEST FOR YOU AND SHE'S ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING HURT!!!!!
Reply 32
Original post by earthworm
You're 18 she reads your texts, tells you you can't study in Manchester and is getting involved in your sex life. She seems pretty controlling maybe you need to stand up to her a bit.

Yeah trouble is I dont have money to move out, my grandparents like an hr away so its not practical for me to live with them. So Im stuck with her until uni so Id rather not rockthe boat too much.
Reply 33
Original post by Idris11
Believe me girl, she's your mom and she knows was best for you, she is older than you so that means she has more experience in relationships than you.

And who told you because you'r 18 you'r good to make your own decisions?, infact at the age 20 we still make mistakes. SHE KNOWS WHAT BEST FOR YOU AND SHE'S ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING HURT!!!!!

Erm maybe the law?! You know as in the fact Im legally an adult. Also the age of consent is 16 so Ive been able to make that decision for the past 2 years!
Sex makes ppl do dumb ****. I'd listen to the momz.
Original post by Idris11

Might be generally true, but certainly not in every case. Many older people make horrible relationship decisions, and many younger people make good ones.

Her mum is clearly not switched into today's society if she really thinks she'll get a slutty reputation (not that that should matter anyway) for having sex with her boyfriend when she's eighteen. People would be surprised if they weren't having sex, and it's very unusual for a young British guy to only date virgins.
And what will she do if you don't stop?
Just nod and smile and you can bang him all you want behind her back
I didnt bring it up with her. She saw a text from my bf asking if Id booked an appointment with the nurse to discuss birth control and she kicked off.

To be fair I can see where your mum is going with it. Like if you're adult enough to do you should be adult enough to not be careless and let your mum read such text messages. All you need is a condom if you're going for the pill that suggests it would be more regular and maybe you are not ready for that. Just because the legal age is 16 doesn't mean you should start having sex. Homesexuality used to be illegal which is wrong. The law is not the perfect guidelines to follow all the time.
Reply 38
She just wont let it drop. I keep saying I dont want to discuss this and she just says this is proof Im ashamed at my lack of dignity.
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
To be fair I can see where your mum is going with it. Like if you're adult enough to do you should be adult enough to not be careless and let your mum read such text messages. All you need is a condom if you're going for the pill that suggests it would be more regular and maybe you are not ready for that. Just because the legal age is 16 doesn't mean you should start having sex. Homesexuality used to be illegal which is wrong. The law is not the perfect guidelines to follow all the time.

I wasnt being careless she takes my phone and reads my messages I have no way to stop her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending