The Student Room Group

Philosophy vs Economics

I want to study Law at uni, and I would like to ask which A-level is better: philosophy or economics. Atm I am thinking of doing:

History
Politics
Philosophy
English Lit
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by The Dictator
I want to study Law at uni, and I would like to ask which A-level is better: philosophy or economics. Atm I am thinking of doing:

History
Politics
Philosophy
English Lit

Those are good. Philosophy is very good, but you might do political philosophy as one of your options/modules within the subject so have a think about that? Those two can go really hand in hand. History and English are good. I've looked at Politics A-level and that goes well with History if you were to study late Vic England and the birth of America, etc. Economics would seem the odd one out. Since Law is an essay writing subject, I think your best bet is to stay with Philosophy. Also, if you're interested in Criminal Law, and Politcs and etc, Philosophy is for you as it explores what it means to be human, what it means to be knowledgeable and etc. All the famous lawyers from 11th C. onwards all had Philosophy degrees!
Original post by The Dictator

History
Politics
Philosophy
English Lit

It does not matter either way. My friend has a Cambridge offer for Law, his A levels, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Quick Reply

Latest