The Student Room Group

Going Amsterdam, Visiting Red Light District - Nervous!

Basically I am going for a lads holiday to Amsterdam, my friends are ultimately keen to visit the Red Light District, as I am, however I am slightly new to sex, only had it once a very long time ago and it was horrible.

I kind of am very picky with females, I mean just being attractive isn't enough, they have to be a decent person too and hence I never get laid as I am very average!

Now I am going to have very attractive women "wanting" to have sex (get paid) with me, and this thought is sending me insane! My friends have been with a fair share of girls and I don't care what they thinking, they are my best mates, but as a personal self pride thing, as if I am giving up on "the one" somehow :/

Guys, thoughts?
Haters, it's happening and God told me, we cool

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Considering what you just said you should be scared

Most of them are not 'very attractive' at all

They also have a lot of techniques to keep men in control. When I visited there was a woman who'd throw buckets of piss at men she perceived were laughing or didn't have a great attitude

They aren't high class is all I'm saying. You may catch something. I actually have no problem with sex workers but I feel you're expecting these beauties when it's not like that in afraid..
I never thought it would affect me, but actually seeing women "for rent" in a window really freaked me out the first time (ok, this may have been partly because I'd been partaking in the other traditional Amsterdam past time). It's one thing to support prostitution in theory, but actually seeing human beings like that was a pretty weird experience.

Original post by AvaAdore
Considering what you just said you should be scared

Most of them are not 'very attractive' at all

They also have a lot of techniques to keep men in control. When I visited there was a woman who'd throw buckets of piss at men she perceived were laughing or didn't have a great attitude

They aren't high class is all I'm saying. You may catch something. I actually have no problem with sex workers but I feel you're expecting these beauties when it's not like that in afraid..

Did you catch the day shift? There are loads of stunning Eastern Europeans in there at night. You do get some older, heavier ones who seem really desperate, and it's kinda depressing.

Is that honestly true? I imagine she'd get arrested, it's not like some lawless area, in fact it's pretty well regulated.

I did see something really bizarre, was walking through in the day, and a huge biker pulled up to a window girl right behind us, and hands her a present. She unwraps it, and it's a whip. She thanks him and asks him if he wants her to use it on him (they didn't seem to know each other)
, he says no thanks and rides on down the road. That sort of thing is why I love Amsterdam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mankytoes
I never thought it would affect me, but actually seeing women "for rent" in a window really freaked me out the first time (ok, this may have been partly because I'd been partaking in the other traditional Amsterdam past time). It's one thing to support prostitution in theory, but actually seeing human beings like that was a pretty weird experience.

But this is a controlled and respected industry in Amsterdam. They get tested and is fully legal, they have a choice to do this. In the UK, it is a bit all back alley.
I'll be par taking in this cultural past time too, but perhaps a few cups of brave juice will direct me to this District.

Did you keep an appointment with any of the for mentioned ladies?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
But this is a controlled and respected industry in Amsterdam. They get tested and is fully legal, they have a choice to do this. In the UK, it is a bit all back alley.
I'll be par taking in this cultural past time too, but perhaps a few cups of brave juice will direct me to this District.

Oh sweetie it's not respectable read my post. It's generally very rough.
Reply 5

Did you catch the day shift? There are loads of stunning Eastern Europeans in there at night. You do get some older, heavier ones who seem really desperate, and it's kinda depressing.

Is that honestly true? I imagine she'd get arrested, it's not like some lawless area, in fact it's pretty well regulated.

I did see something really bizarre, was walking through in the day, and a huge biker pulled up to a window girl right behind us, and hands her a present. She unwraps it, and it's a whip. She thanks him and asks him if he wants her to use it on him (they didn't seem to know each other)
, he says no thanks and rides on down the road. That sort of thing is why I love Amsterdam.

That's honestly true. There are worse things but I won't go into detail. I saw two attractive girls and I was there day and night interviewing where I could. Getting to know one of the attractive ones it became evident fast she had a severe drug problem. I even had one girl admit std testing was pointless because they sleep with people and share drug equipment every day. Drug equipment can be as simple as sharing bank notes for cocaine, the risk of BBV is there. They would have to get tested every single day to be safe, safety is not possible with them. They don't take a lot of promoted guidelines seriously, money will get you whatever you want in private.

It's controlled, but respected? Hear a few of these women drumming up buisness, few are Dutch, most are Eastern European. Don't get me wrong, I still am really pro legalised prostitution, I think it's much safer, but it doesn't suddenly become problem free.

No, had a girlfriend, not really my thing. There's some pretty good clubs in 'Dam too, so you might want to consider trying your luck in them instead? Still, there's always that little voice in your head saying "I could just turn left and have sex with a really sex woman, it'd be so easy".

That's honestly true. There are worse things but I won't go into detail. I saw two attractive girls and I was there day and night interviewing where I could. Getting to know one of the attractive ones it became evident fast she had a severe drug problem. I even had one girl admit std testing was pointless because they sleep with people and share drug equipment every day. Drug equipment can be as simple as sharing bank notes for cocaine, the risk of BBV is there. They would have to get tested every single day to be safe, safety is not possible with them. They don't take a lot of promoted guidelines seriously, money will get you whatever you want in private.

Who were you interviewing for? I don't know if you have ridiculous standards or came at a strange time, but there loads of attractive young girls in those windows.

I feel discussions on prostitution tend to go to extremes, and we've got the OP saying there's no problems at all, and you making it sound like some nightmare.
Reply 7

I feel discussions on prostitution tend to go to extremes, and we've got the OP saying there's no problems at all, and you making it sound like some nightmare.

What I am saying, I am facing a moral problem, do I go ahead with it and maybe respect myself less afterwards having given in on the chase for the "perfect one" (I have serious personal issues) OR just get it over with, sleep with a professional, who WILL be attractive.

I am also PRO prostitution, legalising and regulating is the answer to most taboo things. E.g. Cannabis. CLEARLY working in Amsterdam, Colorado and California (in it's own right). Prostitution is the same, it'll stop or seriously minimise human trafficking, STDs and I can pay Tax on something I want to pay it on!
Reply 8
Just because it's legal doesn't mean all the women are there through choice!

Where's the best place to hide traffic woman? In plain sight!!

You should read Sarah Forsyth's autobiography Slave Girl before deciding if you want to sleep with any potential sex slaves..
Reply 9
It's controlled, but respected? Hear a few of these women drumming up buisness, few are Dutch, most are Eastern European. Don't get me wrong, I still am really pro legalised prostitution, I think it's much safer, but it doesn't suddenly become problem free.

No, had a girlfriend, not really my thing. There's some pretty good clubs in 'Dam too, so you might want to consider trying your luck in them instead? Still, there's always that little voice in your head saying "I could just turn left and have sex with a really sex woman, it'd be so easy".

Who were you interviewing for? I don't know if you have ridiculous standards or came at a strange time, but there loads of attractive young girls in those windows.

I'm saying how it was. I can make up a story if you'd prefer? I was actually writing for a national paper. I sort of fell into it after some coverage about my recovery led to me writing for them twice. I'm only saying it cos OP has some unrealistic expectations. The only thing I'd say is be vigilant about all kinds of protection if you go for it, and don't piss them off! They know how to get revenge.
What I am saying, I am facing a moral problem, do I go ahead with it and maybe respect myself less afterwards having given in on the chase for the "perfect one" (I have serious personal issues) OR just get it over with, sleep with a professional, who WILL be attractive.

I am also PRO prostitution, legalising and regulating is the answer to most taboo things. E.g. Cannabis. CLEARLY working in Amsterdam, Colorado and California (in it's own right). Prostitution is the same, it'll stop or seriously minimise human trafficking, STDs and I can pay Tax on something I want to pay it on!

I don't see why it would stop you finding "the one"? The main thing for me is that I don't think I want to have sex with a woman who doesn't really want to have sex with me.

Original post by Bobbi!
Just because it's legal doesn't mean all the women are there through choice!

Where's the best place to hide traffic woman? In plain sight!!

You should read Sarah Forsyth's autobiography Slave Girl before deciding if you want to sleep with any potential sex slaves..

That's some mind boggling logic. If you want to test it, lets both try and sell a bag of weed. I'll do it sneakily, you set up a stall in a town centre and do it in plain sight. We'll see who gets arrested. The best place to hide trafficked women would obviously be somewhere they don't have to be registered with any authorities, don't need to pay taxes, ie anywhere where prostitution is illegal.

That's a pretty insulting way to describe sex workers. I guess you could use the same logic to say "don't go on dates, that person is a potential serial killer!".

I'm saying how it was. I can make up a story if you'd prefer? I was actually writing for a national paper. I sort of fell into it after some coverage about my recovery led to me writing for them twice. I'm only saying it cos OP has some unrealistic expectations. The only thing I'd say is be vigilant about all kinds of protection if you go for it, and don't piss them off! They know how to get revenge.

Which one, link?

I've read up on this, and your version of events seems to be trying to promote a bleaker image. The fact that you are saying there are barely any attractive ones seriously makes me question whether you're being honest.
The red light district is a sleazy, horrible place. The way it works is that you knock on a girls window and negotiate a price and service on the street, where dozens of people will walk past you knowing full well what you're up to, many of them pissed up and cheering/goading. You then go in, do the thing which apparently very clinical and if you don't negotiate on the street then you're paying an inflated price for a 30 second covered BJ followed by about 10 minutes of sex in one position decided by the girl and you won't even be able to touch her. After that you're turfed out and into a hugely busy street full of cheering drunken Brits.

If you really, really want to do it at least head to the prostitute museum on the main canal in the RLD, just because the industry is semi-open doesn't mean it all sunshine and lollipops.
I don't see why it would stop you finding "the one"? The main thing for me is that I don't think I want to have sex with a woman who doesn't really want to have sex with me.

That's some mind boggling logic. If you want to test it, lets both try and sell a bag of weed. I'll do it sneakily, you set up a stall in a town centre and do it in plain sight. We'll see who gets arrested. The best place to hide trafficked women would obviously be somewhere they don't have to be registered with any authorities, don't need to pay taxes, ie anywhere where prostitution is illegal.

That's a pretty insulting way to describe sex workers. I guess you could use the same logic to say "don't go on dates, that person is a potential serial killer!".

Which one, link?

I've read up on this, and your version of events seems to be trying to promote a bleaker image. The fact that you are saying there are barely any attractive ones seriously makes me question whether you're being honest.

Not a chance I've posted way personal stuff in here. If you do find don't be a dick please I won't confirm anything anyway.

I don't really mind if you think I'm not being honest. It wasn't all bad, but the bad stuff is enough to be concerned about risk in my opinion. I'm honestly not saying stay away. I have a non-judgemental view of sex work, I would have a hard time in my job if I didn't, plus a lot of recovered friends I have, male and female, were sex workers at some point and they are settled, happy and healthy now.
Reply 13
Don't do it. It is immoral, bad karma and degrading for the sex slaves. Watch Taken.
Forget Amsterdam OP, go to Thailand. :wink: Cheaper, the girls **** better, and often you can screw them without a condom.
Original post by voiceofreason234
and often you can screw them without a condom.

why do guys always see this as a perk O_O
Original post by voiceofreason234
Forget Amsterdam OP, go to Thailand. :wink: Cheaper, the girls **** better, and often you can screw them without a condom.

which of you doesn't wear the condom?
Basically I am going for a lads holiday to Amsterdam, my friends are ultimately keen to visit the Red Light District, as I am, however I am slightly new to sex, only had it once a very long time ago and it was horrible.

I kind of am very picky with females, I mean just being attractive isn't enough, they have to be a decent person too and hence I never get laid as I am very average!

Now I am going to have very attractive women "wanting" to have sex (get paid) with me, and this thought is sending me insane! My friends have been with a fair share of girls and I don't care what they thinking, they are my best mates, but as a personal self pride thing, as if I am giving up on "the one" somehow :/

Guys, thoughts?
Haters, it's happening and God told me, we cool

You and your friends should head to Berlin instead. There they got all inclusive brothel's where you can drink and have sex as much as you want for the whole day just for 90 Euros. The Netherland's sex industry is overrated, Germany is the place to be, hell they even got the sex verison of ebay where you can put yourself up for auction.
Original post by cambio wechsel
which of you doesn't wear the condom?

woot

:hahaha:

good one cambio :borat:
Reply 19
I

t.

If you want to compare it to drugs you are doing it wrong. You stay on the sly in this country, I'll go to amsterdam and sell it in a coffee shop. Only thing is we are selling a new and dangerous type of weed which would still be illegal in amsterdam. Now who's more likely to get caught?

It's not an insulting way to describe sex workers. It's realistic.

I'm sure that people in the trade though their own choice would not find it offensive as they'd understand the reality of the situation which is that a significant amount of sex workers are forced.

It's nice as free citizens though to comfort ourselves by believing it's not true....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending