The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE help

Hi, has anyone got any good effective revision methods for GCSE maths? I really want to get an A so any tips would be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much just practice, practice, and then learn the things you haven't remembered through practice. It might be a good idea for you to identify the topics you are weakest at and then practice these areas using exam style questions, as well as doing complete past papers. Doing this not only helps you remember, but helps to reduce the number of errors you make as you can learn from your mistakes.
Reply 2
Original post by Jackster45
Pretty much just practice, practice, and then learn the things you haven't remembered through practice. It might be a good idea for you to identify the topics you are weakest at and then practice these areas using exam style questions, as well as doing complete past papers. Doing this not only helps you remember, but helps to reduce the number of errors you make as you can learn from your mistakes.

Thankyou, yeah I will just practice it's mainly the harder A/A* questions I need to aim to get half marks on these to increase my final mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imyleighx
Hi, has anyone got any good effective revision methods for GCSE maths? I really want to get an A so any tips would be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya

I'm a mature student with a bad memory - i've been working with a Youtube channel - HegartyMaths. Unbelievably useful!

There is also a website which you join for free and a video for each and every subject in maths. Covers AQA, EDEXCEL and others. At the end of each video is a number of test questions - you pause video, complete what you've just learned and start video again for the answers.

I have found this stop and start method quite useful because I like to absorb each stage. In a classroom situation it is not possible (or fair) to do that with the tutor when other people learn or write at different paces.

I joined the class in September 2014 and am just about to take my maths exams next month (as will everyone else)!! The college I go to does the AQA exams with 3 units...

The tutor is only required to teach us to a 'C' grade on the Foundation paper. I am taking the higher paper - so the rest is up to me, hence me finding additional help on Youtube.

Just in case you are interested in taking a look - here is the URL to the website where you sign up for free to cover the subject...

http://www.hegartymaths.com/

Just another thing - their motto is:

"Don't practice until you get it right... practice until you can't get it wrong!!" which I fully agree with and hoping that i'm achieving that right now...

Past papers is what i've been advised to do - cover all scenarios time and time again until you get it.

Good luck to all taking their GCSE Maths this June (2015) - whichever exam board it is with!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending