The Student Room Group

Staying at uni over summer

My next housing contract starts in July. I plan on moving straight out of halls into my new flat. I'm living in a flat with just one other girl but she's going home for the summer so it will just be me on my own.

I'm just wondering what people's experiences of doing this are. I personally don't see the appeal of going home in summer. Even at Christmas and Easter I go home just for a few days.

I'll be getting a job, so hopefully I'll make some friends there but it will most likely be on a part-time basis and so I will have quite a bit of free time. I also know of a few people that might be staying over summer that I could possibly hang out with every now and again.

With that being said, I'm worried about it being a bit lonely and now having doubts. Has anyone done this? Is any one doing this? Maybe we could share experiences! Also if anyone has any advice that would be great.
Work a bit then go on holiday once you can afford it; don't stay at uni all summer. Take advantage of having months off to do what you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending