The Student Room Group

Petition calls on EU to take in White South Africans (Boer genocide)

A petition on change.org has about 15000 signatures calling for the EU to allow white South Africans, Namibians and Zimbabweans to be given automatic European citizenship. The petition was funnily enough started by a Brazilian named Rodrigo de Campos.

Why does nobody help them? My understanding is many White South Africans are of Dutch ancestry so why doesn't their government do anything? What about the British they put Boer into concentration camps and treated them pretty badly during the Boer wars. Don't you think we need to help them out?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i believe that every race and ethnic group has a right to live in their ethnic homeland. If whites in SA and anywhere else outside europe want to repatriate to Europe i say let them in they have every right to come back to their ancestral homeland
(edited 8 years ago)
I went to college with some Rhodesians and South Africans. Dunno if they just got lucky in being able to live here or if it's just simple for them because of their wealth.
How about no.
lol no
If they want to come here they should go through the proper channels to do so.
Reply 6
Do you want to blow up these countries?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
If they want to come here they should go through the proper channels to do so.

I disagree, they are white and they should have the right to come back to their ancestral, native homeland.
Reply 8
Can't say i really care. It would be nice for them to come back to Europe but at the same time i'm sure they are doing just fine in Africa.
I watched a documentary about these guys most are white supremacists and are trying to claim parts of south-africa as their own....
Original post by contradicta
I watched a documentary about these guys most are white supremacists and are trying to claim parts of south-africa as their own....

Thats like me watching a video of the Lords Resistance Army or Boko Haram and saying that this is representative of all africans.
Original post by Davij038
Thats like me watching a video of the Lords Resistance Army or Boko Haram and saying that this is representative of all africans.

tbf it was quite an old documentary (like 10 years old) and I don't really know much about this issue at all.

The way it was presented (by the bbc) was that the Boer people wanted to stay in south africa and bring about change there rather than leave.

But I admit the documentary was old and i have no idea what the current situation is
Original post by IfPplCared
A petition on change.org has about 15000 signatures calling for the EU to allow white South Africans, Namibians and Zimbabweans to be given automatic European citizenship. The petition was funnily enough started by a Brazilian named Rodrigo de Campos.

Why does nobody help them? My understanding is many White South Africans are of Dutch ancestry so why doesn't their government do anything? What about the British they put Boer into concentration camps and treated them pretty badly during the Boer wars. Don't you think we need to help them out?

The problem is this boils down to "give us citizenship because we're white"

If we go by that logic should we deport British ethnic minorities because they're not white?

At it's basic level according to European laws and custom, if you're a citizen of South Africa or Zimbabwe or something then you're a citizen of those countries and European countries have no special obligation to you.

It's why a black Briton can go to a UK embassy or consulate for legal aid, etc, but not a white African.

If the situation is dangerous then white Africans can apply for asylum as it is intended for.
They have no leg to stand on regarding citizenship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
The problem is this boils down to "give us citizenship because we're white"

If we go by that logic should we deport British ethnic minorities because they're not white?

This is a complete false dichotomy
Original post by BrightBlueLight
This is a complete false dichotomy

Not really. If we're allowing in people based on the arbitrary colour of their skin then we can also deport British citizens based on the colour of their skin. If there is a fallacy you want to jump on then slippery slope might fit the bill better.

This isn't a false dichotomy, because though I didn't mention it (since it's the current system and sort of obvious) there is a viable alternative.

Don't make citizenship about race.

It's an amazingly awesome and legitimate "solution" to the..."problem", because nobody has to do anything.

The real false dilemma is assuming Europe has some obligation to hand out free citizenship to foreigners for some racial concern.
Original post by contradicta
tbf it was quite an old documentary (like 10 years old) and I don't really know much about this issue at all.

The way it was presented (by the bbc) was that the Boer people wanted to stay in south africa and bring about change there rather than leave.

But I admit the documentary was old and i have no idea what the current situation is

Considering very many of them have been assaulted raped or murdered in the last ten years, they may have changed their mind.
Not really. If we're allowing in people based on the arbitrary colour of their skin then we can also deport British citizens based on the colour of their skin. If there is a fallacy you want to jump on then slippery slope might fit the bill better.

This isn't a false dichotomy, because though I didn't mention it (since it's the current system and sort of obvious) there is a viable alternative.

Don't make citizenship about race.

It's an amazingly awesome and legitimate "solution" to the..."problem", because nobody has to do anything.

The real false dilemma is assuming Europe has some obligation to hand out free citizenship to foreigners for some racial concern.

it is a false dichotomy, advocating the return of whites to Europe does not mean we have to advocate deporting non whites it is a false dichotomy
Original post by BrightBlueLight
it is a false dichotomy, advocating the return of whites to Europe does not mean we have to advocate deporting non whites it is a false dichotomy

I already explained why it isn't, please read more carefully in future.

"Returning" is also interesting language since a white African is not from Europe.

Thanks for the response.
I already explained why it isn't, please read more carefully in future.

"Returning" is also interesting language since a white African is not from Europe.

Thanks for the response.

it is a false dichotomy. No one has advocated returning non whites, you have interjected with a comment that is irrelevent to the discussion. It is a false dichotomy.
A better solution might simply be for all the white Africans to move to one region and then push for their own state.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending