The Student Room Group

Hate my Dad

I cannot stand my dad anymore. He is useless.

All he does is sit at his computer... go downstairs for some tv then back to his computer.

he ignores my mum, does not talk to her, expects intimacy from here despite that... THEN today my mums confidence has been knocked for a while now and he comes out with "your [body part] is disgusting, disgraceful and you should change"... just when she was feeling confident about herself.

He's been divorced before. My mum has left him, come back and still no change. He is a horrible human and I do not want anything more to do with him.

Does not talk (unless it benefits him), is rude, horrible to my mum... what do I even do.

P.S I'm a 17 year old.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He is not useless. He gave you life...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Why do you need to do anything?
From what you've written, it doesn't seem like you have a relationship with him so why bother?
Original post by pagorai

Posted from TSR Mobile

He ejaculated. Not a big deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship, or at least a very toxic one, to me.

Have you tried talking to your mum? This situation can't be healthy for either of you.
Original post by pagorai

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah because he was horny one day, had sex and transmitted his sperm.

'giving life' is no big deal :erm:

edit: OP is not me btw, this emotional post makes it sound like it is :innocent:
I am not in a position to give you accurate advice as I haven't experienced this before. However it sounds like you have a lot of negative feelings towards him and the situation he puts you and your family in (understandably) - seems like a big step compared to writing on the Internet but go to the doctors and explain your concerns - you are likely to be referred to someone who can help you through these difficult feelings which may limit you from being happy. I used to be such a closed person in general but by plucking up the courage to speak to a doctor about my issues I felt so much better -and no one else even needs to know. Seems like a very intimidating step if you are scared of talking about stuff like this in reality, and this may sound like a stupid suggestion, but try watching 'GPs behind closed doors' online as it shows that doctors are only there to help and that they don't pass judgement on you...after watching this I thought 'why not?' And went. This is such a crucial step but why should you let your dad make you feel like this?! You will. Feel on top of the world I promise. PLEASE, I urge you, don't face reality alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join the club.
Reply 8
Original post by battycatlady
It sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship, or at least a very toxic one, to me.

Have you tried talking to your mum? This situation can't be healthy for either of you.

I feel guilty because I begged my mum to join the family back together... thinking he was changed.

Now he is showing his old self and I've realised he's no different to what I knew him as.. except he has not hit my mother....(yet?)

I comfort my mum and speak yo her but a woman with low confidence is in a hard place but then to be struck down even lower whilst recovering by someone that should love her unconditionally is sooo painful I don't even know what to say.
Ps everyone else stop being so insensitive and inconsiderate. If it makes you feel better for commenting and taking the piss out of other people's misfortunes, you have sad, very insecure lives by the looks and sounds of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Join the club.

:rofl:

on a serious note though, no one has actually provided OP with some helpful advice :redface:
Maybe your mum stays with him because she thinks it's what you want and it's best for you. Explicitly communicate how you DON'T think this to her. Hell, if she got back with him on your whim, she'll damn sure do the opposite.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix

on a serious note though, no one has actually provided OP with some helpful advice :redface:

I have...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melissaalb

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an interesting way to... put it...
Original post by Melissaalb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by thecatwithnohat
yeah because he was horny one day, had sex and transmitted his sperm.

'giving life' is no big deal :erm:

edit: OP is not me btw, this emotional post makes it sound like it is :innocent:

Apologies OP, i wasnt actually able to read the whole thing. I only read it till useless using computer bits so i thought it was like some silly rant.
You do have reasons to hate him and if i had to suggest you anything then that is, protect your mother. Dont lose hope and move out of his life when you grow older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ripper Phoenix

Guy above my original post did and somemightsay888 has now, so do not fret.

OP feel free to pm if you want to talk more.
Original post by pagorai

Posted from TSR Mobile

OP didn't ask to be born though.
I feel so much more relaxed (if that's the word), or comforted may be the more correct term now I've said it and people are supportive.

Thanks guys!
Original post by ChickenMadness
OP didn't ask to be born though.

Original post by Imperion
That's an interesting way to... put it...

...i misunderstood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pagorai
...i misunderstood

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's one bad misunderstanding.

Quick Reply

Latest