The Student Room Group

Flax seed oil?

hi there

I've just started bulking and fully understand that in order to produce testosterone fats are needed within the body, and I don't mean saturates or any unhealthy food as I'm staying away from that ****.

Wanted to know does anyone else here take flax seed oil or any other tablet form oils as a supplement in order to fill the missing gaps you aren't in-taking in your daily diet? If so, which do you recommend?

I currently take Omega 3 fish oil capsules and potassium tablets, and if I buy flax seed oil capsules I'll be taking all kinds of pills every day. In a bit of a tricky situation here, cos I'll end up feeling like I'm potentially harming my body with all these pills!!

Any ideas?

thanks
Fish oil is good. Proven by science to benefit you

Potassium tablets - why? Have a banana unless you're on it for a diagnosed problem
Flax seed oil... why? What is lacking in your diet? If you eat a reasonably healthy diet with enough fats - nuts, dairy, meat etc then I don't see why you need it! It's expensive :smile:

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Angry cucumber
Fish oil is good. Proven by science to benefit you

Potassium tablets - why? Have a banana unless you're on it for a diagnosed problem
Flax seed oil... why? What is lacking in your diet? If you eat a reasonably healthy diet with enough fats - nuts, dairy, meat etc then I don't see why you need it! It's expensive :smile:

Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for replying dude.

In response, tbh I bought potassium tablets because I use myfitnesspal and always saw I was on like 0% for potassium every day, but at the time didn't realise it was in bananas oops. So technically just finishing the packet lol.
Flax seed oil because I've seen its in a number of body building fitness programs, and the more potassium the more testosterone therefore more gains no?

P.s. I don't eat red meat (don't ask why, just brought up this way not for religious reasons xD) and I've seen my iron levels are low too. Maybe I should ditch potassium and flax seed and go for iron tablets as an alternative? idk man in desperate need of advice here!! :afraid:
Original post by Walkaah
Thanks for replying dude.

In response, tbh I bought potassium tablets because I use myfitnesspal and always saw I was on like 0% for potassium every day, but at the time didn't realise it was in bananas oops. So technically just finishing the packet lol.
Flax seed oil because I've seen its in a number of body building fitness programs, and the more potassium the more testosterone therefore more gains no?

P.s. I don't eat red meat (don't ask why, just brought up this way not for religious reasons xD) and I've seen my iron levels are low too. Maybe I should ditch potassium and flax seed and go for iron tablets as an alternative? idk man in desperate need of advice here!! :afraid:

Eat fresh fruit and veg inc a banana or two, loads of potassium there

Iron supplementation if you don't eat red meat is probably wise :smile:

If you're deficient in anything then it'll effect your test levels, however with a half decent diet your test levels shouldn't be of concern to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest