The Student Room Group

mathematics gcse

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SuperHuman98
My situation in maths is weird. A week ago i was averaging out on 60-70/100 each paper. Then this week i have gone on mathswatch and learnt everything i didnt know in the D-B categorys. Now today im gonna finish A/A* category.

Then I plan on getting 90/100 on the next past paper i attempt :biggrin:

Kinda stressed about Maths now because i was told that i needed an A to do A-level maths and I need A level maths to do A level chemistry :frown:

You look as if you will get an A, Do you do edexcel for maths if so do you have any predictions and( for science if you do aqa.)
Reply 81
This thread has got me my first badge :smile:
Does anyone know how to do this?

Solve: 4(8x-2)/3x=10

The division symbol is what I used for/
Original post by 0daisy0
any one need guidance/help for the edexcel mathematics exam?

me, can i message you please?
Original post by ryanrobinson

Here's what I got image.jpg
If there's anything you don't understand about it, just ask :smile:
Original post by aamirac
Here's what I got image.jpg
If there's anything you don't understand about it, just ask :smile:

The answer is 4 though. I found out how to do it and got 4 from the mark scheme so it must be right. you do 10 times 3 =30 which removes the division symbol and then you expand
The answer is 4 though. I found out how to do it and got 4 from the mark scheme so it must be right. you do 10 times 3 =30 which removes the division symbol and then you expand

Eh... I'll get a mark for working out anyways....
:colonhash:
Original post by Firenze26
Woah, surgery? Maybe try and read up every single thing and make a timelines using just your memory, it worked for me so yeah... The dates and individuals are kind of like formulas I guess, if you write them down, you'll remember them. Maybe carry around your small notes booklet and read it when you have free time. A classmate of mine actually memorised all the statistics through that method, they're not sure how to structure it but they have the knowledge which is pretty impressive. If you're unsure about anything as a friend as soon as possible cause if you're confident about your knowledge it'll be clearer and easier to remember.

If the units are not too interconnected maybe make one person a centre of everything and link things to the person itself so when you're trying to remember a detail, you'll easily think of the individual and vice versa.

I have my first history exam on monday too, actually, for Germany. Good luck btw and bring loads of writing utilities, I can never forget that nightmare where I lost 15 mins of the exam trying to find another pen😰

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Hey I am doing Germany too :biggrin: And WJEC!!
Any one of you know good Maths GCSE video channels? Is exam solutions good enough? Too close to the exams so I want to cram in a lot of stuff - what would you suggest I do to cover all the topics? And the revision guides arent helping at all :frown: I need a B at least!! TIPS needed pleaaaseeee!! Good video channels. anything!!
Original post by katebeckett
Any one of you know good Maths GCSE video channels? Is exam solutions good enough? Too close to the exams so I want to cram in a lot of stuff - what would you suggest I do to cover all the topics? And the revision guides arent helping at all :frown: I need a B at least!! TIPS needed pleaaaseeee!! Good video channels. anything!!

Hegarty maths YouTube vids
Maths watch
Exam solutions
And past papers
Original post by aamirac
Hegarty maths YouTube vids
Maths watch
Exam solutions
And past papers

Which one would u say covers most of the content needed: Hegarty Maths or Exam Solutions? Thank you so much!!
Which one would u say covers most of the content needed: Hegarty Maths or Exam Solutions? Thank you so much!!

I watch both and I think they cover the same amount. Plus there's no harm in watching both

hmmmm ill thinnk about it, difficult q tho
Reply 93

Solve

Take the divide 3x to equal times 3x. = 4(8x-2) = 3x(10) which is equal to:
4(8x-2) = 30x.
32x-8 = 30x.
Take the positive 32x across to equal -8=-2x.
Switch both signs to positive as they're both negative.
8/2 = 4. (x

hope i helped

mathswatch, mathswatch and mathswatch
Reply 95
Original post by munnaa
me, can i message you please?

Sure or just ask on the thread, so you have various responses.
Reply 96
Original post by 0daisy0
any one need guidance/help for the edexcel mathematics exam?

I do. desperately:colondollar:
Reply 97
Original post by aneeka12
I do. desperately:colondollar:

I can help with GCSE maths not furthermaths.
If you want I can help as I took maths a year early and got an A* :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by KoolKid98189
If you want I can help as I took maths a year early and got an A* :smile:

that's really good
the only things i hate are algebraic fractions and vectors

Quick Reply

Latest