The Student Room Group

Textbook recommendations for STEP (Cambridge).

Does anyone have any textbook (or other sorts of learning resources) recommendations for the STEP papers (the ones you have to do when applying for Maths at Cambridge). I will being teaching myself for the most part and it would be nice to have a book of some sort to refer to during my studies.

Thanks!
Original post by Louisb19
Does anyone have any textbook (or other sorts of learning resources) recommendations for the STEP papers (the ones you have to do when applying for Maths at Cambridge). I will being teaching myself for the most part and it would be nice to have a book of some sort to refer to during my studies.

Thanks!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2807407

I would recommend you to take a look at the first post of this thread. Here you will find nearly everything you need to prepare for the exams.

Generally, people say the booklets by Stephen Siklos (which can be found in the location mentioned above) are the best place to start. I started by attempting some questions straight away from around 2002 (STEP 1) to get a feel of the difficulty first.

The STEP prep thread is the place to ask for help/advice for the exams and hints for any questions if needed. (I'm sure there will be one for 2016 entry in a couple of months time).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest