The Student Room Group

Art & Design

Hi, I would just like to know what projects you do at A level Art & Design, do you get to choose whatever project you'd like to do or is it chosen by the exam board? How many sketchbooks/final pieces do you need to produce?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by existential
Hi, I would just like to know what projects you do at A level Art & Design, do you get to choose whatever project you'd like to do or is it chosen by the exam board? How many sketchbooks/final pieces do you need to produce?
Thank you :smile:

That depends on the sixth form you are going. In mine we didn't do any project and were just given a range of topic to choose from a list for the first unit, which we then had to produce work in our sketchbooks and also away from it in large canvas/paper.

There isn't a requirement for how much you need to do, but you should definitely finish at minimum half of your sketchbook to a good standard, but preferably finish it. You need to produce a final piece for each unit , but if you want to do more you can.

I would suggest not mucking about during the first month, and do as much work that you can as soon as you start to get a good grade for the first you unit; since the standard required for unit 2 is higher. Plus you would have to revise for your other subject and art is time consuming, hence is why you try to get it out of the way first.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest