The Student Room Group

boys in todays society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Muhahahahaaa I win! You was a worthy opponent.

WERE* you were a worthy opponent, thank you very much :smile: x
Original post by iAmanze
At the end of the day a guy is thinking of 2 things:

Can I stick my penis into her without feeling repulsed?

Can I show her to my friends without being mocked?

Therefore, looks > smart.

+ quite a lot of guys would feel intimidated if the girl is smarter than them.

You should have learned by now that you are certainly not an epitome of a man. And thus you should stop generalising your thoughts to all men.
Original post by queen-bee
After a while,looks get boring and you would actually want to be with a person who's on the same intellectual level as you

Not necessarily. Some people don't need intellectual stimulation from a partner because they get that elsewhere, or just prefer not to have those conversations with a lover. Being a little dim doesn't mean someone is incapable of being fun or interesting, either.
Original post by TorpidPhil
You should have learned by now that you are certainly not an epitome of a man. And thus you should stop generalising your thoughts to all men.

And you hardly can be classified as a man at all. Get real.

I'm generalising based on one thing we have in common which is our strong sexual urge.

It was not serious but it was based on facts in an aim to make a few people smile/laugh. You're disgustingly too serious.
Original post by Aivicore
Not necessarily. Some people don't need intellectual stimulation from a partner because they get that elsewhere, or just prefer not to have those conversations with a lover. Being a little dim doesn't mean someone is incapable of being fun or interesting, either.

The sound of their voice is also kind of important (however talking could just be done through messaging or by sing a voice changer).

Spoiler

Original post by User23
WERE* you were a worthy opponent, thank you very much :smile: x

I wrote 'were' intially but edited it because I panicked lol
Original post by iAmanze
And you hardly can be classified as a man at all. Get real.

I'm generalising based on one thing we have in common which is our strong sexual urge.

It was not serious but it was based on facts in an aim to make a few people smile/laugh. You're disgustingly too serious.

And what's that supposed to mean exactly? I'de say I'm far more of a man than you from your posts. You seem very immature.

Something that we share with the majority of the female 'species' that are so vastly different in behaviour from us 'males' right? :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sorry I failed to see the humour.

You're disgustingly too simple-minded.

I suppose though this thread is right. Boys do think like the OP suggested and you suggested. Men don't. Men are mature enough to want more out of a relationship with a human than an orifice within which to stick their phallus. And men are mature enough to not be 'intimidated' by a female that is more intelligent than them. I bet men in your world are scared of women that are tougher than them too :teehee:
Original post by queen-bee
After a while,looks get boring and you would actually want to be with a person who's on the same intellectual level as you

Preach sister,preach.
Reply 48
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I wrote 'were' intially but edited it because I panicked lol

good good, at least u thought about putting 'were' in. BUT next time, please do not panic, it's not good for your health, thanks x
Original post by User23
Lool, aww Saeed it's ok you'll find your dream woman, one day! :smile:

Don't get his hopes up...
Reply 50
Original post by Imperion
Don't get his hopes up...

Oh, don't worry, I won't xx
Original post by munnaa
why is it hard for most guys these days to like girls with a brain that know the difference between your & you're? and why do they only tend to like pretty faces with no brain what so ever?

ps
this is not for all boys

smart is the new sexy :tongue:
Original post by kandykissesxox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. People will age and look different,but their personality will never change :smile:.
Original post by kandykissesxox

Not really..... it is a factor though.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. People will age and look different,but their personality will never change :smile:.

I can't see the relationship between intelligence and personality. Intelligence can wither away too, a person can change - as long as a person is human, you cannot know 100% what's next. Plus, they're many smart people with ****ty personalities.
Original post by munnaa
why is it hard for most guys these days to like girls with a brain that know the difference between your & you're? and why do they only tend to like pretty faces with no brain what so ever?

ps
this is not for all boys

what sort of age we talking here?

Post puberty, most boys are just like BOOBS and couldn't really give two sh*ts over personality... HOWEVER, once they've done the whole maturity thing and wanna date seriously rather than just immerse themselves in booty calls, it's not all about looks I don't think
I can't see the relationship between intelligence and personality. Intelligence can wither away too, a person can change - as long as a person is human, you cannot know 100% what's next. Plus, they're many smart people with ****ty personalities.

I mean the reasons you fell in love with a person,like your shared passion for watching movies or something like that wont change,but looks will.
Oh,you know what I mean,I just dont know how to put it in words.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely. I would much rather be with someone who makes me smile any day.

Not once we integrate with technology to stop our brains wasting away.
Not really..... it is a factor though.

Better than just a pretty unproductive face

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending