The Student Room Group

i have no friends at sixth form :D

i'm repeating year 13 because i wanted to get better grades, and i had a really nice of group of friends that are all at uni now. we're still all really good friends still, but i just don't have anyone to hang out with at school anymore :/

i'm not trying to feel sorry for myself at all as i've just kept telling myself that it's pointless making friends now as it's nearly over, but it's so hard coming here and sitting by myself all the time. i feel like such a weirdo. people have made friends with me in class, but not people i can hang around or sit with

some people have called me pretty or complimented my outfits and followed me on insta so i hope that means they don't think im a completed weirdo here

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.
Original post by witchwitchwitch
i'm repeating year 13 because i wanted to get better grades, and i had a really nice of group of friends that are all at uni now. we're still all really good friends still, but i just don't have anyone to hang out with at school anymore :/

i'm not trying to feel sorry for myself at all as i've just kept telling myself that it's pointless making friends now as it's nearly over, but it's so hard coming here and sitting by myself all the time. i feel like such a weirdo. people have made friends with me in class, but not people i can hang around or sit with

some people have called me pretty or complimented my outfits and followed me on insta so i hope that means they don't think im a completed weirdo here

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.

Do you do any extracurricular clubs? I have found that I have made some of my closest friends from being involved in my school's choir and orchestra as we have a lot in common.
Hey, I started at a new 6th form and I'm in Year 12. I have a similar problem where I get on with people or have friends in lessons but when it comes to break/lunch and outside of school, I'm on my own. I moved schools because when I came out, I lost all of my friends who were fake anyways but it hurts that I'm not making new ones here properly. I don't know what it is, trust or whatever else but it's not nice.

I've tried getting involved with as much as I can, and saying yes to everything (in terms of career opportunities and not party invites cuz I get none.) I hope that within being on the school council or being involved with clubs and programmes, I can make new friends that I can actually hang out with.

If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know!

(btw, I'm not one of those quiet kids, and I would love to make friends and talk with people, but everyone's already in their groups and I dont think they like when new people enter. I've kinda felt it, idk how to explain it.)
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you do any extracurricular clubs? I have found that I have made some of my closest friends from being involved in my school's choir and orchestra as we have a lot in common.

no, since covid there hasn't been many clubs going on apart from the odd few like an italian conversation club and self defence club. i wouldn't mind joining now, but i feel overly self conscious going alone. i never used to be this self conscious until i started being alone which makes me sad as i'm usually very outgoing and love to be around people. as for sports clubs, choirs, etc... it's mainly for the younger school (year 7-11).
no, since covid there hasn't been many clubs going on apart from the odd few like an italian conversation club and self defence club. i wouldn't mind joining now, but i feel overly self conscious going alone. i never used to be this self conscious until i started being alone which makes me sad as i'm usually very outgoing and love to be around people. as for sports clubs, choirs, etc... it's mainly for the younger school (year 7-11).

Well, could you maybe make a club like I'm doing or even suggest one? I was interested in the LGBT club at my new school to find out that it died down, so I offered to start it up again, and now I'm waiting for the go ahead from SLT! I know it's a very big step but there's absolutely no harm in asking.
(edited 5 months ago)

Original post by Rainbow_Lexx
Well, could you maybe make a club like I'm doing or even suggest one? I know it's a very big step but there's absolutely no harm in asking.

@Rainbow_Lexx makes a good point :smile:
Original post by Rainbow_Lexx
Hey, I started at a new 6th form and I'm in Year 12. I have a similar problem where I get on with people or have friends in lessons but when it comes to break/lunch and outside of school, I'm on my own. I moved schools because when I came out, I lost all of my friends who were fake anyways but it hurts that I'm not making new ones here properly. I don't know what it is, trust or whatever else but it's not nice.

I've tried getting involved with as much as I can, and saying yes to everything (in terms of career opportunities and not party invites cuz I get none.) I hope that within being on the school council or being involved with clubs and programmes, I can make new friends that I can actually hang out with.

If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know!

(btw, I'm not one of those quiet kids, and I would love to make friends and talk with people, but everyone's already in their groups and I dont think they like when new people enter. I've kinda felt it, idk how to explain it.)

hi! i'm really sorry to hear that, it's absolutely awful. your old friends seem like horrible people, so in some ways you're better off without them.

did you join a sixth form college or a sixth form joined to a school? the latter (like my school is) can lead to there being deeply rooted cliques which makes it so much harder as they just completely ignore new people

since posting this i've talked to my old friend and she told me the best thing to do would just be to talk about literally ANYTHING. she said her go to was complimenting earrings, so maybe try that? unfortunately most friendship groups will not reach out to you
Original post by flowersinmyhair
@Rainbow_Lexx makes a good point :smile:

i'd love to start a club but i have no idea what about! i tried to form an lgbtq society in year 12, but the head shot in down as it is a catholic school LMAO. then i tried to join debate, but i wasn't allowed as you have to be 16-18 and turned 19 a few weeks ago- it just feels like my sixth form just is not supportive at all.

i'm sorry if i sound like i'm just moaning about everything, but my sixth form just really sucks :,)
i'd love to start a club but i have no idea what about! i tried to form an lgbtq society in year 12, but the head shot in down as it is a catholic school LMAO. then i tried to join debate, but i wasn't allowed as you have to be 16-18 and turned 19 a few weeks ago- it just feels like my sixth form just is not supportive at all.

i'm sorry if i sound like i'm just moaning about everything, but my sixth form just really sucks :,)

Oh god I'm so sorry, and no, I love a good moan so dont apologise. I honestly dont know what else you can do cuz I'm kinda in the same situation with friends (or the lack of). You can always PM me and we can exchange socials if you want. Always nice to see a fellow fruity person around
hi! i'm really sorry to hear that, it's absolutely awful. your old friends seem like horrible people, so in some ways you're better off without them.

did you join a sixth form college or a sixth form joined to a school? the latter (like my school is) can lead to there being deeply rooted cliques which makes it so much harder as they just completely ignore new people

since posting this i've talked to my old friend and she told me the best thing to do would just be to talk about literally ANYTHING. she said her go to was complimenting earrings, so maybe try that? unfortunately most friendship groups will not reach out to you

Omg I just saw this now. Yes I joined a 6th form attached to a school and I fully knew the risks before going but yh, it's not going well. Today a Year 13 complimented my badges which were nice but after that, we didn't talk. I don't know if I should do the same? And I've tried all the other stuff that everyone else suggests.

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.

How about joining any clubs/societies?

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.

Okay BOI you must from OHIO, no skibidi way do you not know how to make friends...

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.

what a loser
Reply 13

HOW DO I MAKE FRIENDS.

To be quite honest, if you need someone to talk to, that is also my situation. i'm here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending