The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

ATTENTION everyone in Manchester! Petition to create a student fare on the Metrolink

As everyone in Manchester will know, the prices for using the Metrolink are extortionate, especially when everyone over 16 is expected to pay the full adult fare.

So I created a petition to Transport for Greater Manchester in order to hopefully address this issue and create a new (and affordable!) student ticket price. It has been popular so far but in order for this to happen we will need LOTS of signatures.

So please sign here: https://www.change.org/p/transport-f...e-all-the-time
And please spread the word via social media and in any way you can think of!
To be honest I don't think many students would use the tram anyway - it doesn't go anywhere very useful for students, as you effectively have to go to the city centre first and then get a tram out again. The exception would be students living at home, but this would only be relevant to a minority of that minority.

I've only got the tram once, and that was because I had to get somewhere so early in the morning that the buses weren't running.

I agree the prices are extortionate, I'm just not sure what sort of take up you'd actually get amongst students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by kjames1000
As everyone in Manchester will know, the prices for using the Metrolink are extortionate, especially when everyone over 16 is expected to pay the full adult fare.

So I created a petition to Transport for Greater Manchester in order to hopefully address this issue and create a new (and affordable!) student ticket price. It has been popular so far but in order for this to happen we will need LOTS of signatures.

So please sign here: https://www.change.org/p/transport-f...e-all-the-time
And please spread the word via social media and in any way you can think of!

You are doing nothing to help the stigma of students being cheapskates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending