The Student Room Group

Is there anything wrong with my answers to this job survey?

I know that in these surverys, some of the options they gave are not good options. I just want to make sure I am not selecting options that will get me rejected. This is for a healthcare assistant role

How do you feel when you miss deadlines?
1) I never miss them
2) I don't like missing them, but sometimes things are out of my control
3) If i miss a deadline, I hold up my hands and tell the relevant person
4) I don't miss deadlines often but if i do its not my fault

I chose 2. I think 1 is unrealistic and that 3 and 4 say bad things.

If you were to be hired for the job what would you enjoy most?
1) The opportunity to earn good money
2) Being recognised for my work
3) working for a quality company
4) the opportunity to gain experience and further my career
5) working together in a team
6) providing the best care for patients

I chose 4 because that is my reason for applying for the job. Is there anything wrong with that?
I think 1 suggests bad things, but 2-6 are ok

Your coworker is distracted and upset and both of you are not making much progress on your work. do you:
1) Try and cheer them up
2) Ask them what is wrong and listen
3) Don't let it affect your work and get on with the job
4) Finish what needs doing on your own as your job is important to do and personal issues shouldn't get in the way

I chose 2 because that is what I would actually do.

When interacting with coworkers and patients, is it better to build friendly relationships or maintain strict professionalism?
1) I prefer strict professionalism
2) I prefer to build friendly friendships

I honestly prefer 1

Am I blowing my feet off by choosing any of these answers?
(edited 8 years ago)
I think your answers are ok, but I'm curious as to why you think admitting a mistake is a bad thing (question one, answer 3)? I'd definitely see that as the best option out of those, as accountability is incredibly important when working in healthcare. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by superwolf
I think your answers are ok, but I'm curious as to why you think admitting a mistake is a bad thing (question one, answer 3)? I'd definitely see that as the best option out of those, as accountability is incredibly important when working in healthcare. :smile:

I was interpreting "I hold up my hands" as "I give up", which was why I stayed away from it.

Does anyone think "If i miss a deadline, I hold up my hands and tell the relevant person" should be interpreted as "I give up and tell the relevant person" or just "I tell the relevant person".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MaryTheFirst
I was interpreting "I hold up my hands" as "I give up", which was why I stayed away from it.

Does anyone think "If i miss a deadline, I hold up my hands and tell the relevant person" should be interpreted as "I give up and tell the relevant person" or just "I tell the relevant person".

I'd see it as an acknowledgement of responsibility, but remember it's your test, you should answer whatever you see fit. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending