The Student Room Group

How many times did it take to pass your driving test??

Scroll to see replies

I failed my driving test 1st time. I was 5 mins into it following the sat nav I was coming over a hill n the sat nav said turn right but at the bottom of the hill was road markings not to go in, I went straight in um🙈 she said don’t worry put it behind you and carry on. I got no minors but failed as she said it was a serious 🙈🙈🙈so upset felt like packing in but finally booked another test, what am I thinking at 54years old. Fingers crossed for me please
(edited 5 years ago)
Barely 1st time in February this year. I still feel like I haven't really passed, it was pouring rain at 8am and I was behind a lorry on a 50 road doing about 40 and I was terrified to overtake because I couldn't see a thing and was getting closer to the lorry by the second, luckily I dropped back before I got close enough to fail for it.
I kind of over prepared for my exam, I could have done it earlier and maybe still passed. It was nice to pass it first time though even if I had been doing lessons for longer than most people.
It helped a lot to get the first exam slot on a bank holiday Monday, there was almost no one else on the road.
Woke up with an awful fever on my first attempt. I even asked the driving instructor to drive me to the test centre because I felt so bad.. needless to say I failed. Got it the second go around.
Original post by feur6214
I failed my driving test 1st time. I was 5 mins into it following the sat nav I was coming over a hill n the sat nav said turn right but at the bottom of the hill was road markings not to go in, I went straight in um🙈 she said don’t worry put it behind you and carry on. I got no minors but failed as she said it was a serious 🙈🙈🙈so upset felt like packing in but finally booked another test, what am I thinking at 54years old. Fingers crossed for me please

Ahhh that’s frustrating. Good luck for next time :smile:
Most people fail 3-7 times. With extreme luck which means easy-going examiner may be first time or second time. Luck plays very important role in passing.
Original post by Kevin70
Most people fail 3-7 times. With extreme luck which means easy-going examiner may be first time or second time. Luck plays very important role in passing.

Or actually being ready for the test and not letting nerves get to you. People often fail because they let their nerves interfere. It is pretty ignorant to pin first-time passes as being down to luck only.
It all depends on luck which means if your examiner is strict or relaxed, if your examiner takes you to motorway or not, if your examiner takes you to roundabouts or not, if the day of your test is downpouring or sunny, if on the day of your test you encounter crazy drivers, accidents, unusual situations and events. Luck plays an important role but most people are not aware of it but instructors know this. Do not worry if you fail first time, a person who passes at one test centre may fail at another. Take enough lessons and seek your instructor advice about the best test centre and time and date. Good luck is all you need!
Jajajjajajajajajajajaj that was funny! Im going same way like you!
Jajajjajajajaja im going same way like you!!!!!!
1st time- 4 minors 1 major- 50mph county road slowed down for a bridge the signs where obstructed by hedges so couldn’t see them was a single way bridge was going at 25mph through the bridge failed. 2nd time- 3 minors 1 major- my dad was in the car with me and the examiner said I went on the grass verge with 2 tyres however wasn’t even ware of this an neither was my dad. 😡 3rd time- 3 minors 1 major- was in the outside lane of a dual carriage way for 1 mile and was undertaken by a van driver. 4th test tomorrow 😩 so so nervous 🤞🤞🤞
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bethanyg95
1st time- 4 minors 1 major- 50mph county road slowed down for a bridge the signs where obstructed by hedges so couldn’t see them was a single way bridge was going at 25mph through the bridge failed. 2nd time- 3 minors 1 major- my dad was in the car with me and the examiner said I went on the grass verge with 2 tyres however wasn’t even ware of this an neither was my dad. 😡 3rd time- 3 minors 1 major- was in the outside lane of a dual carriage way for 1 mile and was undertaken by a van driver. 4th test tomorrow 😩 so so nervous 🤞🤞🤞

Ahh no! Good luck 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending